Christopher Merola

Well, Barack Obama has now passed the seven-month mark of his presidency and we are seeing what we have to endure for the next three years and five months. Already, we can tell that the Barack Obama administration is just one disaster after another.

First we saw the Obama Hubris front and center as he spent $170 million on his inauguration event, which was partially paid for by the same Wall Street executives Obama voted to bail out in 2008.

Next, came the Obama Stimulus package, which was his first priority and the most important part of his agenda, an agenda that was supposed to get the economy back on track. Obama himself said that the stimulus was necessary to keep unemployment from rising above eight percent. Well, unemployment is just about at the 10 percent mark and if you were not sure before, you know now that the stimulus was a dud.

A big reason why the stimulus failed was that only 13 percent of the package had anything to do with stimulating the economy. The remaining 87 percent went to pet projects and boondoggle programs, such as billions of dollars to pay off Obama’s storm troopers, namely, ACORN.

The National Review broke down the stimulus by exposing where the money went. Here are some of the most outrageous places our $787 billion worth of tax money went:

$4.2 billion for neighborhood stabilization activities (here is where ACORN comes in to play);

$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts;

$650 million for digital-TV coupons;

$87 million for a ship that breaks polar ice (I thought global warming was taking care of that?)

$600 million to convert the federal auto fleet to hybrids;

$450 million for NASA to engage in climate-research missions;

$600 million for NOAA to engage in climate modeling;

$1 billion for the Census Bureau.

Obama then attempted to place the oversight of the 2010 U.S. Census process in the hands of his Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel, rather than allow the Commerce Department to do its job. This was an Obama manipulative tactic so he could redistrict Congressional Districts to favor Democrat candidates (Gerrymandering) with our tax dollars. Thanks to public outcry, this tactic was unsuccessful.


Christopher Merola

Christopher Merola is the President of Red Momentum Strategies, LLC, a conservative political strategy and communications company in Washington, DC.