On Friday, the Department of Justice Inspector General’s report on ex-Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe was released. It was scathing. It was damning. It was what we all expected it to be. McCabe was fired for lying to investigators and signing off on an unauthorized media leak to The Wall Street Journal about the tension between DOJ and FBI over the Clinton Foundation probe. It was warranted. This was not a Trump White House recommendation either. The Office of Professional Responsibility also recommended that McCabe be given the axe, which he did hours before he was about to retire and claim a multi-million dollar pension.
Let’s just say this. For once, CNN was able to agree that what Andrew McCabe did was terrible, lying under oath (three times), and he should be fired. Former FBI Supervisory Special Agent James Gagliano took McCabe to the woodshed over his lies, saying he deserved to be fired. From probationary agents out of Quantico to the Deputy Director and beyond within the agency, there has to be the same standard. If you lie, you’re gone. Period. Gagliano also noted that a nonpartisan Obama-appointed IG, who unlike his colleagues did not make his decisions based on politics, conducted this investigation.
Another thing this IG report re-confirmed (again) was that the Clinton Foundation was, indeed, under investigation.
Here’s a partial thread of the IG report:
1. I'm taking my time reading the McCabe report from @JusticeOIG and so far I'm floored. This is a 30+ page report on misconduct by fired Dep Dir McCabe; I intend this thread to be a work in progress as I make my way through it & will suppliment work done by others.— NameRedacted7 (@NameRedacted7) April 15, 2018
7. This follows Barrett's Oct 23, '16 WSJ article revealing McCabes wife received almost $700,000 from Terry McCauliffe for her senate run at a time McCabe was over seeing TWO Clinton investigations & mcauliffe was under FBI probe.— NameRedacted7 (@NameRedacted7) April 15, 2018
8. This led to great panic on the part of McCabe who within days ordered his Aide Lisa Page & AD/OPA Kortan to meet w Barrett. They communicated w him several times about this ultimately revealing that DOJ wanted the Clinton Foundation case stopped.— NameRedacted7 (@NameRedacted7) April 15, 2018
9. McCabe took a call Aug 12, '16 from Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General at DOJ who was the point person for DOJ on that case. It was heated & McCabe allegedly (his words) asked point blank if DOJ was asking FBI to kill a valid case.— NameRedacted7 (@NameRedacted7) April 15, 2018
10. What happened next is Page & Kortan at McCabes order leak this fact to Barrett who then publishes it on Oct 30, '16.— NameRedacted7 (@NameRedacted7) April 15, 2018
11. From pages 6-11 the report details the aftermath: the Justice Dept was fit to be tied. @tracybeanz thread details this in depth. First McCabe lied and pointed suspicion both internally at FBI & at DOJ blaming WashDC & NYC Field Offices. (WFO & NYFO).— NameRedacted7 (@NameRedacted7) April 15, 2018
12. This is a crucial. McCabe knowingly used his aide & FBI Public Affairs to leak unauthorized to the WSJ to cover up his own conflicts of interest that may signal other more egregious felonies he has committed at the Bureau.see @The_War_Economy teeets about McCabe addresses— NameRedacted7 (@NameRedacted7) April 15, 2018
13. McCabe goes so far as to tell the Asst Dir In Charge, WFO (ADIC-WFO) to quote: 'get your house in order'. He called him incompetent w full knowledge he was blaming the man for his own crime. Yes, it is a felony.— NameRedacted7 (@NameRedacted7) April 15, 2018
14. Circle back: McCabe has now accused ADIC-NYFO & ADIC-WFO of the leak he knowingly perpetrated to hide his own misdeeds. This triggers an FBI Inspection Division mole hunt that targets the entire Counter Intelligence division who had access to both Clinton cases: email & Fdtn.— NameRedacted7 (@NameRedacted7) April 15, 2018