The NRCC Has Raised a Ton of Cash in 2026
The Replies to This Cenk Uygur Tweet About Ed Gallrein Were Brutal
Iran Threatens War 'Beyond the Region' if the US Resumes Attacks
The Rich Save What the Government Destroys
The AP Is Jealous of Pentagon Food Court Workers; LA Times Says a...
If Voter Fraud Doesn't Happen, Why Is Spanberger Blocking Feds From Polling Places?
A Book About the Threats to the Truth by AI Contains False Content...
Civil Liberties Group Sues Illinois Over FOID Requirement
A Bill Maher Guest Argued That China Has 'Freedom' It's Just a Different...
When Political Violence Becomes Acceptable, It Becomes Inevitable
Former Execs Plead Guilty to Helping Tech-Support Scammers Steal from Elderly Americans
3 Dead, 18 First Responders Quarantined After Exposure to Mystery Substance in New...
Moscow-Based Crime Ring Members Get Prison Time in $2B Healthcare Fraud Case
Doctor Allegedly Used $45M of Medicare Fraud Money on Trips, Cybertruck, and $12,000...
Michigan Woman Faces 20 Years After Pleading Guilty to $4.6M Child Modeling Scam
Tipsheet

WH Comms Director: I'm Contacting DOJ Over My Leaked Financial Documents And Priebus Probably Did It

WH Comms Director: I'm Contacting DOJ Over My Leaked Financial Documents And Priebus Probably Did It

Last night, White House Communications director Anthony Scaramucci tweeted that he would be contacting the Department of Justice over the leaking of his financial documents, while also alluding to knowing who he thinks is the culprit: White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus. CNN was saying the reference to Priebus was cryptic, but New York Magazine’s Ryan Lizza said it’s not, he truly feels that Reince was behind the leaks  (Via Politico):

Advertisement

The incoming White House communications director earned $4.9 million from his ownership stake in SkyBridge in addition to more than $5 million in salary between Jan. 1, 2016, and the end of June, when he joined the Export-Import Bank, according to a financial disclosure filed with the Office of Government Ethics. The disclosure form hasn’t been previously reported.

The disclosure highlights the extensive wealth Scaramucci has accumulated in his career — much like many of Trump’s other top advisers and Cabinet secretaries — and also the challenge he faces in extracting himself from the potential conflicts his investments could pose.

The SkyBridge website continues to advertise Scaramucci as the firm's managing director, despite the fact that he has been a government employee for more than a month. 

A SkyBridge spokeswoman said Scaramucci stepped down from the executive post Jan. 17, when the company’s sale was announced. He remained an employee of the firm, collecting a salary, until starting at Ex-Im last month. The investment firm, which Scaramucci founded in 2005, is in the process of being sold to RON Transatlantic and Chinese conglomerate HNA Group. The sale, set in motion in January when Scaramucci was shedding his holdings in anticipation of landing an administration job, has drawn the scrutiny of regulators and is taking longer than expected to close.

Advertisement

At the same time, to call this a leak is a bit of a stretch. As some noted on social media, this isn’t classified information we’re dealing with here. It’s a financial disclosure form, which means it was going to be made public. It’s not a felony. Regardless, the DOJ did say it will look into this matter. 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement