So how does the debate look in the morning? I've had some time to think about it.
- Since the first debate, McCain has gotten better and Romney has either gotten worse -- or his smoothness is less impressive.
- Huckabee is, without a doubt, the undisputed leader of the 2nd tier. He may have a bright future, and if so, he will probably owe a lot to the exposure these debates gave him.
- Like I said last night, what if we could have a divided presidency (I don't really support this, mind you, but play along): Rudy would handle the security and fiscal matters, and Huckabee would do social issues.
- McCain came into last night with the most to prove. He easily survived the Immigration issue, and that, alone, is a win for him.
- Rudy's "lighting" moment will be the most played clip of the night. I think the humor of the whole thing helps him.