President Trump took to twitter Thursday morning to again go after House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff as he prepares to launch a number of investigations into President Trump's personal life.
So now Congressman Adam Schiff announces, after having found zero Russian Collusion, that he is going to be looking at every aspect of my life, both financial and personal, even though there is no reason to be doing so. Never happened before! Unlimited Presidential Harassment....— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 7, 2019
....The Dems and their committees are going “nuts.” The Republicans never did this to President Obama, there would be no time left to run government. I hear other committee heads will do the same thing. Even stealing people who work at White House! A continuation of Witch Hunt!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 7, 2019
Yesterday Schiff announced the launch of yet another Russia probe, citing incomplete work by previous investigations. This is of course in addition to Robert Mueller's Special Counsel investigation into the 2016 presidential election.
“During the prior Congress, the Committee began to pursue credible reports of money laundering and financial compromise related to the business interests of President Trump, his family, and his associates. The President’s actions and posture towards Russia during the campaign, transition, and administration have only heightened fears of foreign financial or other leverage over President Trump and underscore the need to determine whether he or those in his Administration have acted in service of foreign interests since taking office," Schiff released in a statement. “Unfortunately, these and numerous other avenues of inquiry were not completed during the last Congress."
Schiff is looking for the following:
(1) The scope and scale of the Russian government’s operations to influence the U.S. political process, and the U.S. government’s response, during and since the 2016 election;
(2) The extent of any links and/or coordination between the Russian government, or related foreign actors, and individuals associated with Donald Trump’s campaign, transition, administration, or business interests, in furtherance of the Russian government’s interests;
(3) Whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates;
(4) Whether President Trump, his family, or his associates are or were at any time at heightened risk of, or vulnerable to, foreign exploitation, inducement, manipulation, pressure, or coercion, or have sought to influence U.S. government policy in service of foreign interests; and
(5) Whether any actors – foreign or domestic – sought or are seeking to impede, obstruct, and/or mislead authorized investigations into these matters, including those in the Congress.
"He’s just a political hack who’s trying to build a name for himself. It’s called presidential harassment," Trump said in response from the White House Wednesday.
During his State of the Union Address on Tuesday, President Trump decrying endless investigations and called for them to come to a close.