America Is Back: Team USA Sweeps Canada to Take Home Gold in Milan
Democrats Are Obsessed With White Men
A Tale of Two Athletes
America Keeps Winning
A Quick Bible Study Vol. 308: ‘Fear Not' New Testament – Part 3
Iran Did Not Get the Memo
TSA PreCheck Still Active During Partial Government Shutdown
Arizona Advances Bill to Rename a Highway After Charlie Kirk. Will the State's...
Secret Service Kill Armed Man Who Broke Into Mar-a-Lago
An Ambitious Bible-Reading Plan
Family As Communion: Familiaris Consortio
Who Wins in the Trump Economy? American Families!
President Trump Is Running a Tight Ship and Giving the Deep State a...
New York City Cannot Afford Democratic Socialism
Feds Indict Six More in Venezuelan Gang's High-Tech ATM Heist – Total Hits...
Tipsheet

Trump Says the DNC Just Lost a Russia Lawsuit Filed Against Him

Trump Says the DNC Just Lost a Russia Lawsuit Filed Against Him

Earlier this year the Democratic National Committee filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration, Russia and Wikileaks. In it, senior DNC officials alleged Donald Trump colluded with the Russian government to win the White House in November 2016. As a reminder

Advertisement

The Democratic National Committee named the Russian government, the Trump campaign, Trump family members, WikiLeaks and others Friday in a sweeping lawsuit making a detailed case for collusion between the Russians and Trump campaign operatives.

“No one is above the law and the perpetrators of this attack must be held accountable,” Tom Perez, the DNC chairman said in a statement. “They successfully hacked the Democratic Party in 2016 and they will be back. We must prevent future attacks on our democracy, and that’s exactly what we’re doing today. This is not partisan, it’s patriotic.”

According to President Trump, the DNC lost that lawsuit this week.

But the DNC lawsuit hasn't been thrown out yet. A judge ruled earlier this week on a different lawsuit, not the one filed by the DNC. That lawsuit ruling appears to be the one President Trump is celebrating. The "Democrat crazies" appear to be donors to the DNC. From Newsweek:

A federal judge ruled on Tuesday that a case against Trump’s campaign and former adviser Roger Stone could not proceed in a Washington D.C. court. However, U.S. District Court Judge Ellen Huvelle stressed that her decision was based on technical grounds because the alleged actions were not significantly connected to Washington. She did not take a position on the merits of the claims.

"It bears emphasizing that this Court’s ruling is not based on a finding that there was no collusion between defendants and Russia during the 2016 presidential election," Huvelle wrote. "This is the wrong forum for plaintiffs’ lawsuit. The Court takes no position on the merits of plaintiffs’ claims.”

What’s more, the suit was not brought by the DNC, as Trump claimed. Rather, it was filed by two DNC donors, Eric Schoenberg and Roy Cockrum, as well as former DNC staffer Scott Comer. The suit claimed that the hacking of the DNC’s email systems invaded their privacy and inflicted emotional distress.

The Democratic National Committee did, though, file its own lawsuit against the Trump campaign in a Manhattan federal court in April. The suit names the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., as well as his son-in-law, Jared Kushner. It claims that the Trump campaign was a “willing and active” partner of Russia in its “brazen attack on American democracy."

Advertisement

This post has been updated with additional information. The headline for this post has been updated.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement