Judge Blocks VA Dems' Insane Congressional Map
The Democrats' New Plan for the Midterms Is Crazy
Abigail Spanberger's Raising Taxes, So Boeing Is Fleeing Virginia
NC Police Confirm Republican Candidate Was Target of Drive-By Shooting
Lawyer for Illegal Immigrant Who Killed GA Teacher Wants Bond. Here's the Maddening...
Ohio Bill Offers Real Solution to Suicides by Gun
Tucker Carlson Claims He Was Detained and Interrogated in Israel, but That's Not...
Chinese National Convicted in $2.2M Gift Card Scheme
Stolen Ambulance Rammed into DHS Building in Utah
Leftist Policies Might Drive Chicago Bears to Indiana
Trump Gives Iran 10–15 Days to Strike Deal or Face ‘Unfortunate’ Consequences
Trump Gives Strongest Backing Yet to Georgia's Mike Collins
Former Corsa Coal VP Convicted in $140M Egyptian Bribery Scheme
Optum Director Convicted for Ghost Employee Kickbacks Over $1.2M
Nigerian National Extradited, Sentenced to 8 Years in Attempted $8M Tax Refund Scheme
Tipsheet

Joe diGenova: WH Official Who Penned Anonymous NYT Op-Ed Has Been Identified

Joe diGenova: WH Official Who Penned Anonymous NYT Op-Ed Has Been Identified
AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews

Joe diGenova, a former U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, claimed to 105.9 WMAL on Monday the anonymous White House official who wrote the New York Times op-ed describing how they were resisting President Trump from within had been identified and will be leaving their job soon.

Advertisement

"I am told that soon there will someone else leaving the White House, who wrote that article. Apparently they have identified 'anonymous' and we were told that – Victoria and I were at dinner with a senior government official last week — and we were told that by this person they have, in fact, identified 'anonymous,'" diGenova said.

DiGenova said he was unable to provide anymore details on what he was told out of fear of outing his source, but "anonymous" will be leaving the White House soon.

The anonymous White House official who first wrote the op-ed in 2018 made waves for being so brazen in their admittance of resisting Trump while working for him.

Advertisement

The official wrote they want Trump and some of his policies to succeed, "but we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic," adding, "From the White House to executive branch departments and agencies, senior officials will privately admit their daily disbelief at the commander in chief’s comments and actions. Most are working to insulate their operations from his whims." 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement