An International Incident Develops As Emmanuel Macron Feuds With Italy Over…Netflix???
It's Not Your Father's Pot Anymore
One's Presence Near a Crime Doesn't Make Them an Expert on Gun Policy
Where Were These 230 Doctors Wanting Medical Records Four Years Ago?
Trump Vows to 'End All Sanctuary Cities Immediately'
Georgia Judge Rules New Election Rules Are 'Illegal, Unconstitutional, and Void'
How Nebraska's New Law Could Benefit Democrats In the Election
Trump to Troll Kamala By Working at McDonalds
Kamala's Campaign Is Over After Fox News Interview
CNN May Have Confirmed Reports of Harris' Plagiarism, but Did You See How...
Look Who Finally Agreed to Campaign for Kamala
Fani Willis Begs Appeals Court to Reinstate Charges Against Trump
Elder Abuse: They're Still Trotting Out Biden to Campaign for Kamala
Apartments in Another City Are Being Taken Over by Tren de Aragua
The CBS News Scandals Keep Getting Worse
Tipsheet

Third US Service Member Identified from Remains Returned by the North Koreans

The Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency identified another U.S. service member that was among the 55 remains the North Koreans returned in a deal with President Donald Trump.

Advertisement

Army Sgt. Frank J. Suliman, who died during the Korean War in 1951, was accounted for on January 15, 2019, DPAA said in a statement:

In late 1950, Suliman was a member of Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, fighting against members of the Chinese People’s Volunteer Forces (CPVF) in North Korea. On Dec. 1, 1950, the convoy of trucks Suliman was riding in was halted by a roadblock south of Kunuri, North Korea, and the Soldiers were commanded to abandon the vehicles and attempt to get through the [roadblock] on foot. Fellow Soldiers reported that Suliman was captured and taken to the CPVF prisoner of war camp at Pukchin-Tarigol, North Korea, where he reportedly died in March 1951.

The agency said Suliman reportedly died from dysentery and pneumonia while in the holding camp.

“DPAA remains fully prepared to resume recovery operations in the DPRK, and looks forward to the continued fulfillment of the commitment made by President Donald Trump and Chairman Kim Jong-un on the return and recovery of U.S. servicemen in North Korea,” they added.

Advertisement

Suliman is the third U.S. service member whose remains have been identified by the DPAA. The other two are Army Master Sgt. Charles H. McDaniel and Army Pfc. William H. Jones, according to the AP.

In a presentation ceremony last year, the sons of Master Sgt. Charles McDaniel said they were happy to get some closure on their father despite being very young when he went missing in action.

“In one small sense, we’re the most fortunate because we’re the only one that has a name now,” Charles Jr. told reporters. “At least we have this and we’re thankful for that.”

“I have to say I didn’t think about the emotions that were very deep, even though I was a small boy and have very little memory of my father. But I sat there and cried for awhile and it took awhile to compose myself,” Charles Jr. explained on when he got the phone call.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement