Kash Patel Becomes the Focus of Media Analysis They Consistently Get Wrong
How America Has Destroyed Its Democracy, Part Two: The Aristocracy of Merit
Three Congressional Missteps on Healthcare
Today’s Qualifications to Be President of the U.S.
Climate Alarmists Howl After EPA Rescinds ‘Endangerment Finding’
Ukraine's Bureaucrats Are Finishing What China Started
Rising Federal Debt: Why Strategic Planning Matters More Than Ever for High-Net-Worth Fami...
Classroom Political Activism Shifts a Teacher’s Role from Educator to Indoctrinator
As America Celebrates 250, We Must Help Iran Celebrate Another 2,500
Guatemalan Citizen Admits Using Stolen Identity to Obtain Custody of Teen Migrant
Oregon-Based Utility PacifiCorp Settles for $575M Over Six Devastating Wildfires
Armed Man Rammed Substation Near Las Vegas in Apparent Terror Plot Before Committing...
DOJ Moves to Strip U.S. Citizenship From Former North Miami Mayor Over Immigration...
DOJ Probes Three Michigan School Districts That Allegedly Teach Gender Ideology
5th Circuit Vacates Ruling That Blocked Louisiana's Mandate to Display 10 Commandments in...
Tipsheet

Report: Obama Admin Sending Special Ops to Syria, Still Won't Call it Combat

Report: Obama Admin Sending Special Ops to Syria, Still Won't Call it Combat

This post has been updated.

On Friday, the White House will announce it is sending less than 50 special operations forces to Syria to assist in the fight against the Islamic State.

Advertisement

The senior U.S. official said that the forces will be stationed in northern Syria and working alongside groups with a proven track record of fighting ISIS. The move will be described as a "shift" but not a "change" in U.S. strategy against ISIS, the official added.

The Obama administration refuses to use the word "combat" for this mission. The same goes for the effort in Iraq. Even after a U.S. soldier was killed in a raid on an ISIS-run prison earlier this month, the Pentagon said that it was an "advise-and-assist" mission.

On Fox News Friday morning, former Navy Captain Chuck Nash weighed in on the latest foreign policy announcement, saying he was "disgusted" by the administration's too little too late action.

Press Secretary Josh Earnest reiterated the claim that the administration's strategy in Iraq and Syria hasn't changed during a press conference at the White House. There is no military solution, he insisted. We are "building the capacity of local forces on the ground," he said.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement