In our exclusive, wide-ranging interview with Tucker Carlson, he takes on the ruling class, the elites on both the Left — and the Right, and discusses his time at Fox News so far, and his new #1 bestselling book in the country, titled: Ship of Fools: How a Selfish Ruling Class Is Bringing America to the Brink of Revolution. You don’t want to miss this interview! Check out the Ship of Fools audiobook, read by Tucker Carlson himself, HERE!
- 3:05 Carlson realized that no one in America was offering serious answers to the critical question: “Why did Americans elect Donald Trump?” In Ship of Fools, he dislodges the “ludicrous” explanations for Trump’s elections (including Russia and racism) to reveal the real answer – Americans were angry with the ineffective leadership from both the left and the right.
- 5:20 Carlson dissects the mindset of the ruling class, and calls out Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, and Bill Crystal!
- 8:00 Discover what happened to liberals in America – how a party who once worried about concentration of power and big business got paid off by the biggest companies in America, like Apple!
- 11:50 How do we right this ship? Carlson says we need to fight the authoritarian impulse of the government, that tells people just to “shut up and obey.” Instead, the government needs to listen to the people and actually address voters’ concerns.
- 14:05 Carlson tells us what he loves about Trump, but also points to one of the president’s weaknesses.
OUR GUEST AUTHOR – Tucker Carlson
- Tucker Carlson has been a mainstay of conservative journalism for over 20 years. Currently, he hosts Fox News Channel’s highly rated Tucker Carlson Tonight. He also co-hosts FOX & Friends Weekend and has been with FOX News Channel for 9 years.
- As a magazine and newspaper journalist, Carlson has reported from around the world. He has been a columnist for New York and Reader’s Digest. He has also written for Esquire, The Weekly Standard, The New Republic, The New York Times Magazine, and The Daily Beast.
- Carlson graduated with a B.A. in history from Trinity College. Now, he lives in Washington, DC, with his wife and children.
- In Ship of Fools, Tucker Carlson tells the truth about the new American elites, a group whose power and wealth has grown beyond imagination even as the rest of the country has withered.
- Tucker Carlson offers a blistering critique of our new overlords in this book. Traditional liberals are gone, he writes. The patchouli-scented hand-wringers who worried about whales and defended free speech have been replaced by globalists who hide their hard-edged economic agenda behind the smokescreen of identity politics. Left and right, Carlson says, are no longer meaningful categories in America. “The rift is between those who benefit from the status quo, and those who don’t.”
- Our leaders are fools, Carlson concludes, “unaware that they are captains of a sinking ship.” But in the signature and witty style that viewers of Tucker Carlson Tonight have come to enjoy, his book answers the all-important question: how do we put the country back on course?
- Read more about Tucker Carlson, and don’t forget to follow him on Twitter!
- Grab your copy of Ship of Fools!
- Listen to Tucker Carlson’s narration of the Ship of Fools audiobook!
- Check out some of Tucker’s favorite books, including the “Flashman” series by George MacDonald Fraser, and one of his favorite flyfishing authors, John Gierach!
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE…
…check these out!
- Episode #27: Judge Jeanine Pirro Talks About Whoopi And Lying Liberal Leakers
- Episode #32: Dr. Gina Loudon on “Trump Derangement Syndrome”
- Episode #40: Brian Kilmeade Explains Why Trump Is A Modern Andrew Jackson
Make sure you never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Conservative Book Club Podcast!