'High Risk' Sex Offenders Released in California During Wuhan Coronavirus

|
|
Posted: May 01, 2020 6:15 PM
'High Risk' Sex Offenders Released in California During Wuhan Coronavirus

Source: JANIFEST/iStock/Getty Images Plus

Seven sex offenders, considered "high risk" by the Orange County District Attorney's Office, were recently released despite minimum required sentences for sex offenders who violate their parole. 

Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer is warning residents about high-risk sex offenders being released by appointed Court Commissioner Joseph Dane. In the name of "safety," inmates are being released in order to promote social distancing. But it's also important to maintain social distancing between criminals and potential victims. 

Orange County Sheriff Don Barnes told the Orange County Board of Supervisors that the population in the county jail system has been reduced nearly 45 percent since Mar. 7, and there are currently no issues with overcrowding.  

"These kinds of high-risk sex offenders are the most dangerous kind of criminal and the most likely to re-offend," said District Attorney Spitzer. "They are doing everything they can to avoid detection by the parole officers assigned to monitor them so they can potentially commit additional sex offenses. These are not the kind of people who should be getting a break."

The released offenders were convicted of sex crimes and violated their parole by removing or disabling their GPS monitors.

Luis Joel Ramirez was convicted of sexual battery, assault with a deadly weapon, and a host of other crimes. Ramirez violated parole four times since 2019, most recently by cutting off his ankle monitor. 

Rudy William Grajeda Magdaleno was convicted of child molestation, indecent exposure, and various other crimes. He violated his parole five times since 2017, most recently by failing to charge his GPS monitor. 

Mario Ernesto Sandoval was convicted of sexual battery, touching for sexual arousal, indecent exposure, and a slew of other crimes. Sandoval violated parole earlier this by failing to charge his GPS monitor. 

Jose Adrian Oregel, convicted of unlawful sex and oral copulation of a minor, also failed to charge his GPS monitor. 

James Franklin Bowing, convicted of being a sex offender on school grounds, lewd conduct in a public place and failing to register, also failed to charge his GPS monitor. Bowling was ordered to report to parole but hasn't shown.

Calvin Curtis Coleman, a sex offender convicted of lewd conduct in a public place, violated parole three times since 2019. He too failed to charge his GPS monitor. 

Kyle Albert Winton, who racked up a number of convictions, including annoying/molesting a child, threats to cause great bodily injury or death, DUI and hit and run with property damage, similarly failed to charge his monitor. 

"It is not the Court’s responsibility to control the jail population by releasing these dangerous criminals back into our communities," said District Attorney Spitzer. "The residents of Orange County deserve to have the peace of mind that registered sex offenders are being held accountable and not just let out the front door of a jail by a court commissioner who refuses to follow the law."

Editor's Note: Want to support Townhall so we can keep telling the truth about China and the virus they unleashed on the world? Join Townhall VIP and use the promo code WUHAN to get 25% off VIP membership!