Filmmaker Falsely Blamed For Benghazi Terror Attack Getting His Freedom Back

Katie Pavlich
Posted: Sep 24, 2013 8:44 AM
Filmmaker Falsely Blamed For Benghazi Terror Attack Getting His Freedom Back

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, the man behind an anti-Muslim YouTube video used by the Obama administration as a scapegoat for the 9/11 Benghazi terror attacks, will soon be a free man.

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 56, is scheduled for release on Thursday from a halfway house in Southern California where he's been held since May, said Ed Ross, a spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

He told Fox News earlier this year that he was proud of the film and was fighting against the "terrorism culture," not religion.

"I have a lot of Muslim friends and not all the Muslims believe in the terrorism culture. Some of them believe in this culture. That's why we need to fight (against) the culture, not the Muslims. My enemy is the terrorism culture," he told Fox in a telephone interview.

As a reminder, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, President Barack Obama, former UN Ambassador Susan Rice and White House Press Secretary all blamed the video for the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi which left four Americans dead. We now know the video argument was entirely made up and that Clinton knew what happened in Benghazi was a terror attack within two hours on 9/11/12.

Testimony given Wednesday on Capitol Hill by Greg Hicks, Benghazi whistleblower and deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya, exposed former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as a liar.

Hicks, who was on the ground in Libya on September 11, 2012, said Clinton called him around 2 a.m. from Washington to ask "what was going on." Hicks responded by saying the consulate was under attack. He never told her about a protest outside the consulate because there wasn't one.

"The only report that our mission made through every channel was that this was an attack," Hicks said. "No protest."

In his recollection of events the night of September 11, 2012, Hicks stated that U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens called him and said, "We are under attack," just before he was brutally murdered and dragged through the streets. Again, no mention of a protest.

"The video was not instigative of anything that was going on in Libya," Hicks said. "We saw no demonstrations related to the video anywhere in Libya."