At a campaign event in Columbus, Ohio in 2008, candidate Barack Obama said, "We are going to work with you to lower your (health insurance) premiums by $2,500 per family per year. We will not wait 20 years from now to do it. We will do it by the end of my first term as president." He repeated the promise numerous times, including during a debate with John McCain.
For those that actually believed him, that turned out to be another in a long litany of broken Obama promises. Worse, a new survey from the Kaiser Family Foundation finds premiums have actually increased an average of $3,065 rather than decline. That's a $5,565 punch in the gut for American families.
Reprinted from Investor's Business Daily
So much for "fighting for middle class families" – which is the phony claim Obama is making during the current campaign season.
The truth is Obama's policies have assaulted the middle class – and the rest of America, too.
In addition to skyrocketing health insurance premiums, here are a few more of the results of four years of Obama:
- 86,000 fewer people have a job today in America than when Obama took office;
- Household income is down more than $4,000 and continues to decline each year;
- Real average wages are declining – again;
- 495,000 more Americans are unemployed than in Jan. 2009;
- 811,000 are long-term unemployed;
- 1.1 million more Americans "want a job now" but can't find one than in Jan. 2009;
- The lowest percentage of Americans in 31 years are in the workforce;
- Gas prices are up $2.00 per gallon – 110 percent;
- 46 percent more young adults – 20.7 million – are living with their parents;
- Family net worth has fallen 40 percent - $41,000;
- National debt has increased 50 percent - an additional $15,000 burden for every man, woman and child.
And, that is just a partial list of the price we all pay for four years of Barack Obama. May God help us if there happens to be four more.
Join the conversation as a VIP Member