The government has now been shut down for fourteen days. Here are some of the Obama Administration's shining moments.
1. The government shutdown began midnight October 1. President Obama quickly pointed the blame on Republicans.
2. The National Park Service attempted to close Mount Vernon. The government must have forgotten the park didn't belong to them.
3. However, as time progressed, closing private parks didn't deter the government. Warren Meyer wrote to his congressman for “Help!” after parks in his privately operated company of over 100 U.S. Forest Service campgrounds in Arizona were closed.
4. A dramatic photo of a child staring longingly into the National Zoo turned out to be not that sad.
5. However, what actually was sad:
6. Obamacare Exchanges enrollment continued despite the shutdown. But the site did a pretty ample job of shutting down all by itself.
8. And memorials closing.
9. And homes closing.
10. And roads closing.
11. The government was not completely callous though. It made sure to allow an immigration rally to continue on the closed National Mall, as planned.
12. But no one was really impressed. Not even Townhall's Cortney O'Brien.
13. Despite the anguish, Americans are still looking forward to brighter days.
Upside to prolonged shutdown: When the National Zoo pandacam comes back on, we'll be all: "Aww. Hasn't she grown?"— Dave Clark (@DaveClark_AFP) October 14, 2013
14. Perhaps the most shocking of all, as a result of the shutdown Congress had to work on Columbus Day. A federal holiday.
Happy 14th Day of the Government Shutdown!
In ABC Interview, Elian Gonzalez Thanks his Clintonite Kidnappers and Communist Brainwashers | Humberto Fontova