Democrats Are Obsessed With White Men
A Quick Bible Study Vol. 308: ‘Fear Not' New Testament – Part 3
Iran Did Not Get the Memo
An Ambitious Bible-Reading Plan
Family As Communion: Familiaris Consortio
Who Wins in the Trump Economy? American Families!
President Trump Is Running a Tight Ship and Giving the Deep State a...
New York City Cannot Afford Democratic Socialism
Feds Indict Six More in Venezuelan Gang's High-Tech ATM Heist – Total Hits...
Michigan Auto Dealer Management Firm Pays $1.5M to Settle PPP Fraud Claims
Here's How Mamdani's Snow Shoveling Program Is Reveals the Leftist Lie on Voter...
Toxic Chemical Poured on Trump-Kennedy Center Ice Rink, Performance Canceled
Lawmakers Probe Potomac River Sewage Spill
Ukrainian Man Ran 'Upworksell.com' to Sell Stolen Identities for Overseas IT Workers, Cour...
The DOJ Has Canned the Most Liberal Immigration Judge in America
Tipsheet

Huh: This Is Why NASA Had to Abandon Its First All-Female Spacewalk

Huh: This Is Why NASA Had to Abandon Its First All-Female Spacewalk
NASA/JHUAPL/SwRI via AP

A facepalm to end all facepalms. NASA had planned to conduct its first ever all-female spacewalk on Friday. It was to be an inspiring end to Women's History Month, with Anne McClain and Christina Koch becoming the first female duo to conduct a spacewalk installing batteries outside the space station. As of Monday, the agency was still primed and ready, introducing us to the astronauts.

Advertisement

But, some severe lack of oversight has stopped the mission in its tracks. There are two astronauts, but only one spacesuit.

But NASA spokeswoman Stephanie Schierholz said in an email Tuesday to The Washington Post that both women now need a medium-sized hard upper torso — the shirt of the spacesuit — and there is only one medium-sized suit on the space station that is ready for use. NASA said astronauts Nick Hague and McClain completed the first spacewalk in the series earlier this month, so Hague and Koch plan to set out on the next one later this week. (Washington Post)

Social media had to poke some fun at the agency for failing to provide the necessary wardrobe.

Advertisement

Despite the faux pas, Schierholz is still optimistic that the ladies will soon have their moment to shine.

"We believe an all-female spacewalk is inevitable,” she said.

NASA is going full speed ahead on other projects, though, as they reminded us on Twitter. 

Additionally, Vice President Mike Pence, who has helped spearhead the new Space Force, said on Tuesday that America will again reach the moon in the next five years. Last month, President Trump signed a measure that would designate the Space Force as an armed service within the Air Force, with the goal that it would eventually become a new branch of the military.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement