The ruling class is losing its cotton-picking minds, because it’s getting a long-overdue comeuppance from their employers they thought all along were really their subjects.
Whether it’s because of our nixing of their plans for another pointless Middle Eastern war, or our insistence they not foist Obamacare’s epic fail upon us while exempting themselves from it, the resulting ruling class conniption fits are coming fast and furious.
When even a few stand on principle it reveals the character of everyone else around them. And if the Obamacare filibuster begun by Ted Cruz and capably aided and abetted by Mike Lee (with others chipping in) ends up accomplishing nothing else, it has provided a searing spotlight on the character (or lack thereof) of their contemporaries and the system they’re fighting.
Here are 10 things that searing spotlight has revealed:
1. When the best liberals on Twitter can come up with to criticize Cruz’s marathon is the mocking of his reading bedtime stories to his daughters that means he probably won the argument.
2. Watching Dick Durbin volunteer to get annihilated by Cruz answers the age old question “why do bugs willingly impale themselves on our windshields?”
3. Marco Rubio did an excellent job flanking Cruz in the limited time he did so, which only served as a further reminder of all the potential he wasted on scamnesty.
4. All you need to know about John McCain – Democrat Senate Leader Harry Reid took to the floor of the U.S. Senate to ask Ted Cruz for permission for him to speak.
5. All you need to know about Republican Senate “Leader” Ditch McConnell – he was nowhere to be found during the entire event, except to preemptively go after Cruz on the floor of the Senate before it began.
6. Cruz and Lee make a lethal duo, and their personalities complement each other well. Cruz is the courteous firebrand with a memorable quote at the ready. Lee is more deliberate and reserved. If they can maintain that relationship they can wreak holy havoc in the Senate chamber together for the foreseeable future.
Steve Deace's nationally-syndicated radio show airs coast-to-coast each weeknight from 9-Midnight eastern, including many of the Salem Radio Network's top conservative talk stations in markets like New York City, Houston, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Minneapolis. His radio program has been featured in major media such as Fox News, CBS News, ABC News, CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, Politico, The Weekly Standard, and National Review among others. In 2013 he wrote the second-most shared column of the year for USA Today, defending "Duck Dynasty" and traditional American values. In addition to being a contributor for Town Hall.com, Deace is also a columnist for The Washington Times. He is also the author of the new book Rules for Patriots: How Conservatives Can Win Again, which includes a foreword by David Limbaugh and is endorsed by a who's who of conservative leaders. You can follow him on Twitter @SteveDeaceShow.