39) "The American dream is not that every man must be level with every other man. The American dream is that every man must be free to become whatever God intends he should become."
38) "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."
37) "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence."
36) "A taxpayer is someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take a civil-service exam."
35) "One way to make sure crime doesn't pay would be to let the government run it."
34) "I am paying for this microphone…!" (When a debate moderator threatened to cut off his mike at a debate he paid for.)
33) " I want you to know also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit for political purposes my opponent's youth and inexperience.” (To Walter Mondale at a debate)
32) "One legislator accused me of having a nineteenth-century attitude on law and order. That is a totally false charge. I have an eighteenth-century attitude. That is when the Founding Fathers made it clear that the safety of law-abiding citizens should be one of the government's primary concerns."
31) "There you go again." (Reagan to Jimmy Carter in a debate)
30) "I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I’m in a cabinet meeting."
29) "Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement."
28) "Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying."
27) "If you're explaining, you're losing."
26) "I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts."
25) "We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
24) "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
23) "The ultimate determinate in the struggle now going on for the world will not be bombs and rockets but a test of wills and ideas - a trial of spiritual resolve; the values we hold, the beliefs we cherish and the ideas to which we are dedicated."
22) "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."
Rebuilding After The Riots: Ferguson Cake Shop Owner Grateful to Fellow Americans For Love and Support | Katie Pavlich