When Barack Obama was on the campaign trail, he promised Americans hope, change, and unity. Whatever else may be said about the man, you at least have to give him credit for delivering on all counts.
After all, as the year has progressed, more and more Americans have united against his agenda. As for the change, well, just look at the unemployment rate, the economy, and the national debt. We've seen quite a bit of change in those areas under Obama's watch.
Then of course, there's the prevalence of the word "hope" when people talk about our President. "Gosh, I really hope he knows what he's doing. I hope Obama's weakness doesn't encourage the terrorists. I hope we can undo all the damage Obama is doing to the country right now. I hope our children will forgive us one day for electing this guy."
So, since we're in the midst of such a historic presidency, it behooves us to actually catalogue some of the more notable utterances of our esteemed President in 2009. Enjoy!
10) No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something. -- Barack Obama
9) I mean, if you think about -- if you think about it, UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? No, they are. It's the Post Office that's always having problems. -- Barack Obama makes the case for socialized medicine in a rather odd fashion
8) Before a crowd of troops holding cameras and cell phones, the president joked, "you guys make a pretty good photo op." -- Political Punch
7) I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America's story. -- Barack Obama distorts America's history in Egypt
6) I won. -- Barack Obama to Republicans in Congress who were trying to discuss the stimulus plan with him
Jon Stewart Attempts to "Slay" Food Stamp Fraud Allegations; Misses Real Point | Christine Rousselle
Rand Paul on NSA: “I Believe What You Do on Your Cell Phone is None of Their Damn Business” | Daniel Doherty