Our republic as our Founding Fathers created it is under assault from extremists outside our country and anti-constitutionalists inside our country. Combine that with the flailing American economy and global markets and you see that Western civilization is on the brink, as experts and all the GOP presidential candidates agree.
President Barack Obama has tried and failed miserably to fix our economy, deepening us and our posterity into more than $6 trillion of additional national debt -- something he criticized former President George W. Bush for as "unpatriotic" and "irresponsible." Yet the unemployment rate remains at a higher level than it was when Obama was elected, and the dollar is as unstable as the Middle East.
Now is not the time to be mincing through minutiae and fighting with fellow party members. Rome is burning, and we need to appoint the best firefighters possible to rush in and put out the fire. What's critical at this point is to appoint a commander in chief who can clearly lead America to a more solvent and secure future.
No man or candidate is perfect. We all have skeletons in our closets. If buried bones become unforgivable bones of contention, the world will never know another Benjamin Franklin or King David. We must remember that we're electing a president, not a pastor or pope. The mainstream media and a billion-dollar campaign coffer are on the president's side, so we need a veteran of political war who already has fought Goliath, because he will be facing Goliath's bigger brother.
In the past few editions of my weekly column, I detailed 10 questions to find our next president, in no particular order of importance. I proposed that the name of the candidate that fills the majority of the answers deserves readers' votes.
1) Who is most committed to follow and lead by the U.S. Constitution?
2) Who has the greatest ability to rally, unify and mobilize citizens across political and societal spectrums?
3) Who has the best working comprehension of America?
4) Who has the best ability to influence a volatile world away from the brink of destruction?
5) Who has clear and present moral fortitude?
6) Who has the best chance of beating President Obama, in and outside of debates?
7) Who has the best abilities to lead Washington politics and politicians?
8) Who has the best plan and leadership ability to restore America's economy?
9) Who is the most fiscally prudent?
10) Who has demonstrated the highest regard for human life?
Clinton Foundation Received Donations from FIFA, Qatar 2022 World Cup Committee | Christine Rousselle
New Report Details Horrors of Iran Backed Terror Group Hamas: Torture, Beheadings, Acid, Mutilation | Katie Pavlich