Someone should tell the geniuses at ABC that's a term suited for competitive wrestling. It doesn't describe Democrat chitchat that demonstrates about as much as dramatic confrontation as other morning TV fare, such as "Bubble Guppies" and "Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends."
To be fair, the questions were about policy, including budget matters and North Korea. But they weren't challenging. Ask any conservative Republican about "no holds barred" media questions, and I'll show you the tire tracks on his back. Here's the kind of tough questions the president will never get:
1. When are you going to address how your administration failed to protect our diplomats in Benghazi? Why is Susan Rice still being considered for jobs after she was sent out to lie about the causes of Benghazi on five Sunday news shows?
2. Why does your administration prefer to kill foreign terrorists in drone attacks rather than capturing them for intelligence purposes? And why wasn't there more than one liberal joining Rand Paul's Senate filibuster on the grounds that drone attacks shouldn't kill American citizens who aren't an imminent threat on American soil?
3. Why can't you even stomach the goal of a balanced budget? Your budget outlook points to deficits every year as far as the eye can see. No country can survive this recklessness. Is this not fiscal insanity?
4. If you're sincere in reaching out to Republicans on the budget, why are your White House aides telling reporters that your outreach is a "joke" and a "waste" of your time as a ruse to please the media?
5. The unemployment rate's almost exactly where it was when your administration started four years ago. Why should anyone expect your next four years to be any better? Must America accept massive unemployment under you?
6. Why is Obamacare leading to higher premiums and prices of health care? This is exactly what Republicans predicted, and you denied, would happen. Are you prepared to admit that they were right and you were wrong?
7. Why do you oppose religious liberty? Catholics, especially, believe the forced funding of abortion, abortifacients and even birth control is a mortal sin. Are you aware that Catholic leaders are warning "authentically Catholic health care in America is now in mortal danger"?
Poll: 46 Percent Of Americans Want Stephanopoulos To Stay Away From 2016 Election Coverage | Matt Vespa