Townhall Media's RedState Gathering 2016 is coming up soon, and excitement around this annual event is rising.
We’ve already confirmed a whole slate of great speakers, with more to be announced in the coming weeks. Here are eight (of the many) top conservatives you won’t want to miss:
1) Texas Governor Greg Abbott took over after Rick Perry just a year ago in 2015, but he has a long history of service to the Lone Star State. He has served as the state’s attorney general and as a justice on the Texas Supreme Court, and he’s known for successfully arguing to the U.S. Supreme Court for the right to display a monument of the Ten Commandments outside the state capitol. Here’s a link to his 2015 address at the RedState Gathering.
2) Jim Bridenstine has been a Republican congressman representing Oklahoma’s first district since 2013. Tulsa, the state’s second-largest city, is in Bridenstine’s district. He served in the U.S. Navy as a pilot for nine years in Iraq and Afghanistan and is currently a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy Reserve. You can see his speech at the 2014 RedState Gathering here.
3) Ken Buck is a congressman from Colorado’s fourth district. He has been in office since 2015 and was previously the district attorney for Weld County, Colorado and a prosecutor with the Department of Justice where he became chief of the criminal division. As district attorney, he helped the crime rate in the county drop by 50 percent.
4) Ken Cuccinelli was the attorney general of Virginia from 2010 to 2014. He was nominated the Republican candidate for governor of Virginia in 2013 and served in the state senate for eight years. As attorney general, he gained national attention for his fight against ObamaCare and his pro-life stance.
5) Carly Fiorina was the CEO of Hewlett-Packard from 1999 to 2005, the first woman to ever lead a Fortune-20 company. She made waves as a formidable critic of Hillary Clinton when she ran for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016. She was named Texas Senator Ted Cruz’s running mate before he suspended his campaign. Watch her inspiring speech at the 2015 RedState Gathering here.
6) Brian Kemp has been the secretary of state of Georgia since 2010. Before that, he served in the Georgia state senate for four years. He also was chosen as the national chairman of the Republican Secretaries of State Committee in 2012. As secretary of state, Kemp implemented a zero-based budgeting system and has fought for common-sense business practices.
7) Former Governor Rick Perry was the governor of Texas from 2000 to 2015. He is the longest-serving governor in state history, and ran for president in 2012 and 2016. As governor of the 12th-largest economy in the world, he balanced the budget 14 years in a row and oversaw the creation of millions of jobs. Check out his speech during the 2015 RedState Gathering here.
8) Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse has been a senator from Nebraska since 2015. He made news recently for his vocal opposition to presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. His “Open Letter to Trump Supporters” went viral when he posted it to Facebook in May. This will be his first visit to RedState Gathering.
Excited? So are we. Don't miss out on your chance to save on your registration with our early bird pricing. We can't wait to see you there.