There's One Figure in WaPo/ABC News' Poll on Biden That's a Potential Election...
How Dave Portnoy Reacted to a NYT Reporter Roaming Around His Pizza Festival
Texas National Guardsmen Attempt to Stop the Flow of Illegal Immigrants Into Eagle...
Joe Biden Hates You (Hate Him Back)
Biden-Migration: More Aliens Than 32 States
The Democrats Will Never Do That in America!
A Quick Bible Study Vol. 184: Psalm 27 - For Those Who Need...
Cheering for America
Zelensky Cozy Ups With the World’s Richest Elites After Begging the U.S. for...
McCarthy Backtracks on Promise to Strip Ukraine Funding from Spending Bill
What’s the Matter with Latin America, and the Media?
Why We'll 'Definitely' Be Talking About Trump's Heartbeat Comments for Months
The Message of Deion Sanders
My Loyalty Is to the Lord, Not to a Political Candidate or Party
The Left Throws Joe Biden Under the Bus: 'Nightmare Scenario for Democrats'

Concealed Carry Holder Stops Attack on Police

A citizen exercising his second amendment rights saved the life of a Utah police officer who was being attacked by a would-be robber, reports Fox News.

In a bizarre tale, an unidentified police officer confronted Paul Douglas Anderson, after seeing the man’s feet flailing out the back of clothing donation bin in Springville, Utah. The police officer told the suspect to get out of the bin. Anderson complied but began acting suspiciously. Anderson was told to remove his hands from his pockets and refused to do so. Moments later, he started punching the police officer in the face.


That is when Derek Meyer happened to drive by the scene, and quickly sprang into action. 

“I carry a gun to protect me and those around me, but primarily I carry a gun to protect my family first and foremost," Meyer, who has a concealed-carry permit, told Fox News. "Outside of that, if I were to use my gun to protect anyone it would be law enforcement or military personnel."

Meyer also added that he wants to share his stories because there aren't enough “good stories from responsible, gun-owning people." 

Meyer pointed the gun at Anderson and demanded he stop. The suspect then fled the scene and was later found hiding underneath a trailer. Anderson was arrested. The officer is currently recovering from a fractured eye socket and other damage. No shots were fired. 

“Had he not been in the right place at the right time, who knows what would have happened,” Cpl. Cory Waters told the media. “But he definitely stopped the attack from continuing and becoming much worse. He might have even saved either one of their lives. It could have gone really bad, even for the suspect.”


Join the conversation as a VIP Member


Trending on Townhall Videos