Ex-National Security Adviser Michael Flynn looks like he might be on his way to total and complete exoneration from the shoddy "lying to the FBI" charges that were lobbed against him by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Flynn was fired for supposedly being less than truthful about some calls he made to then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. The FBI has been exposed as manufacturing a perjury trap for Flynn.
????BREAKING— Techno Fog (@Techno_Fog) April 30, 2020
The operation that targeted Flynn: CROSSFIRE RAZOR
1/4/17: FBI field office found “No derogatory information” on Flynn and decided to close RAZOR.
1/4/17: FBI leadership (STRZOK) went off the rails and targeted Flynn: “Don’t close RAZOR” pic.twitter.com/0MAKqzhxas
BREAKING: docs related to #Flynn case unsealed. See handwritten notes here. In part asking whether the goal is to get him to lie so he can be prosecuted or fired. Much more 11p @FoxNews @FoxNewsNight pic.twitter.com/nQKf3AfpIm— Shannon Bream (@ShannonBream) April 29, 2020
Sidney Powell, one of Flynn’s attorneys, alleged this back in October of 2019. Now, we have documents backing that up, with Powell adding that more is to come, which will make this whole fiasco look even worse. Katie wrote yesterday that the FBI already knew Flynn didn’t collude with the Russians but proceeded to entrap him in an interview anyway. This was all over a phone call? Yet, the media latched onto this aggressively because this is Trump-Russia collusion territory, which later turned out to be a total myth. There is zero evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians to tilt the 2016 election. Hillary Clinton just lost, but the Obama Department of Justice and its holdovers post-2016 election made sure they were going to take a scalp from this White House.
Wall Street Journal columnist Kimberley Strassel also rehashed the most “outrageous” part of this whole saga; the FBI didn’t even need to interview Flynn. The bureau already had his transcripts with Kislyak. The invocation of the Logan Act and other foundational pieces were just set up there to get the ball rolling, but they knew that they needed to make this whole thing stick. It’s all very swampy.
1) To really understand how outrageous are these new Flynn docs, you have to add to everything we already know. And key is remembering that the FBI had no REASON to interview Flynn. It already had transcripts of his conversations with Kislyak.— Kimberley Strassel (@KimStrassel) April 30, 2020
2) The new docs show FBI had already cleared Flynn of ludicrous claims that he was agent of Russian power; it moved to close that investigation on Jan 4 2017. But then DOJ cooked up the absurd Logan Act claim, the notion Flynn had violated an obscure 1799 law.— Kimberley Strassel (@KimStrassel) April 30, 2020
3) Again if they thought he violated Logan, all they had to do was prosecute. They had the transcript. Their problem? They knew such ridiculousness would never fly. So how how else to nail Flynn? As the notes show, Logan just became the pretext for interview.— Kimberley Strassel (@KimStrassel) April 30, 2020
4) The real goal was trap him into saying something at odds with transcript, to "get him to lie." And the evidence of that strategy is everywhere. We have Comey bragging that they went around WH legal counsel, so Flynn would have no representation.— Kimberley Strassel (@KimStrassel) April 30, 2020
5) We have a new email from Lisa Page asking how FBI can get around issuing to Flynn the standard admonition against lying, suggesting Strzok just "casually slip that in."— Kimberley Strassel (@KimStrassel) April 30, 2020
6) We have McCabe docs showing he discouraged him from getting lawyer. FBI decided to get rid of standard admonition altogether. Also did not tell Flynn he was being interviewed in an "investigatory" context, suggesting this was a chat between gov officials.— Kimberley Strassel (@KimStrassel) April 30, 2020
7) As for liberal commentators/legal scholars saying all this is "routine," well, let's sure as hell hope not. The FBI exists to investigate cries--not create them.— Kimberley Strassel (@KimStrassel) April 30, 2020
Editor's Note: Want to support Townhall so we can keep telling the truth about the Obama Admin's FISA abuses and setup of General Flynn? Join Townhall VIP and use the promo code FISA to get 25% off VIP membership!