FBI Had to Slap Down CBS News Over This Fake News Piece About...
A Dance Team Did Not Just Do This Regarding the ICE Shooting in...
Ilhan Omar Just Called on Democrats to Abolish This Agency
The Deplorable Treatment of Afghan Women Is a Glimpse Into Our Future
In Record Time, Voters Are Regretting Electing Socialist Mamdani
Steven Spielberg Flees California Before Its Billionaire Wealth Tax Fleeces Him
Oklahoma Bill Would Mandate Gun Safety Training in Public Schools
Here Is the Silver Lining to the Supreme Court's Tariff Ruling
CA Bends The Knee, Newsom Will Now Mandate English Proficiency Tests for Truck...
Will The Trump Administration Be Forced to Pay Back Billions in Tariff Revenue?
Justice Thomas Blasts The Supreme Court Majority for Striking Down Trump’s Tariffs
DOJ Probes Three Michigan School Districts That Allegedly Teach Gender Ideology
5th Circuit Vacates Ruling That Blocked Louisiana's Mandate to Display 10 Commandments in...
Kansas Engineer Gets 29 Months for $1.2M Kickback Scheme on Nuclear Weapons Projects
DOJ Files Antitrust Lawsuit Against Ohio Healthcare Company
Tipsheet

Giuliani: Yes, Trump Will Answer Questions From Mueller Investigators

Giuliani: Yes, Trump Will Answer Questions From Mueller Investigators

UPDATE: Daily Beast reports that a longtime D.C. lawyer who has known Emmet Flood, Trump’s newest attorney, told them that there isn’t the slightest chance he would allow this interview with Mueller to proceed:

Advertisement

President Donald Trump’s legal team became significantly more cohesive on Wednesday with the addition of Emmet Flood, a veteran white collar defense attorney. It also became more aggressive, which could prove tricky for Special Counsel Bob Mueller.

A longtime Washington lawyer who’s known Flood for quite some time and who spoke anonymously because of client sensitivities said there’s no chance Flood will let the president sit for an interview with Mueller.

***

There’s been a lot of movement on the legal front concerning President Trump and Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Last night, The Washington Post reported that there was a tense meeting between the president’s lawyers and Mueller in which Trump’s legal team said there was no obligation for them to arrange time for questions from investigators. Mueller politely reminded them that he could just subpoena the president. Now, we have reports that former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who joined the president’s legal team last month, said Trump could be sitting down with the Mueller investigation to answer questions for a two-to-three hour period.

Advertisement

“Some people have talked about a possible 12-hour interview. If it happens, that’s not going to happen, I’ll tell you that. It’d be, max, two to three hours around a narrow set of questions,” said Giuliani.

Advertisement

This on the record remark came after Ty Cobb, one of Trump’s lawyers, announced that he was making his way to the exit on the whole matter. Cortney wrote that Emmet T. Flood, who represented former President Bill Clinton during his impeachment proceedings, would replace him. Cobb will officially depart the Trump legal team at the end of May. Reportedly, Jay Sekulow, another Trump attorney, felt Mr. Cobb just wasn’t “aggressive enough” on the matter. We’ll keep you updated. 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement