I'm Sick and Tired of Idiots
Judge Blocks VA Dems' Insane Congressional Map
Trump Cleans Up Biden’s Mess
The Atlantic Was Fooled by Its Reporter’s Fictional Report, and Jen Psaki Defies...
Will We See a Supreme Court Vacancy (or Two) This Summer?
Discipline Required
Jim Crow Smears Allowed by Democrat-Aligned 'Fact-Checkers'
Marco Rubio: More Than Just the Good Cop
Transparency Is Public Safety: Medicaid Oversight and Honest Governance Matter
Arizona Lawmaker Calls for Charlie Kirk Loop 202 to Honor Free Speech Advocate
As We Celebrate Our Founding, We Should Remember and Give Thanks for Abraham...
Don't Be Fooled by Tehran's Three-Year Nuclear Ruse
Equal, Fair and Farce
Chinese National Convicted in $2.2M Gift Card Scheme
Stolen Ambulance Rammed into DHS Building in Utah
Tipsheet

Mattis Makes Announcement on the Future of Military Exercises With South Korea

Mattis Makes Announcement on the Future of Military Exercises With South Korea

U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis told reporters Tuesday that the U.S. is preparing to resume military exercises with South Korea after they were briefly suspended this past summer.

Advertisement

"We took the step to suspend several of the largest military exercise as a good faith measure," Mattis said at the Pentagon. “We have no plans at this time to suspend any more exercises.”

“We will work very closely … with the Secretary of State and what he needs done, we will certainly do to reinforce his effort,” he added. “But at this time there is no discussion about further suspensions.”

Following a historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in June, President Trump suspended war games with South Korea as a gesture of good faith in the denuclearization process.

"We save a fortune by not doing war games, as long as we are negotiating in good faith - which both sides are!" Trump tweeted at the time.

However, relations with North Korea have recently stalled. President Trump cancelled Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s planned trip to North Korea last week, citing the lack of progress in the goal of denuclearization. 

Advertisement

Related:

SOUTH KOREA TRUMP

“What it means in practical terms is that we’re making no changes to the exercise program at this time,” Mattis said.

He said decisions about next year’s annual drills will be made “in consultation with State.”

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement