FBI Had to Slap Down CBS News Over This Fake News Piece About...
Kash Patel Becomes the Focus of Media Analysis They Consistently Get Wrong
The Deplorable Treatment of Afghan Women Is a Glimpse Into Our Future
In Record Time, Voters Are Regretting Electing Socialist Mamdani
Steven Spielberg Flees California Before Its Billionaire Wealth Tax Fleeces Him
Oklahoma Bill Would Mandate Gun Safety Training in Public Schools
Here Is the Silver Lining to the Supreme Court's Tariff Ruling
CA Bends The Knee, Newsom Will Now Mandate English Proficiency Tests for Truck...
Will The Trump Administration Be Forced to Pay Back Billions in Tariff Revenue?
Armed Man Rammed Substation Near Las Vegas in Apparent Terror Plot Before Committing...
DOJ Moves to Strip U.S. Citizenship from Former North Miami Mayor Over Immigration...
DOJ Probes Three Michigan School Districts That Allegedly Teach Gender Ideology
5th Circuit Vacates Ruling That Blocked Louisiana's Mandate to Display 10 Commandments in...
Kansas Engineer Gets 29 Months for $1.2M Kickback Scheme on Nuclear Weapons Projects
DOJ Files Antitrust Lawsuit Against Ohio Healthcare Company
Tipsheet

Heh: New Poll Shows Registered Voters Think the Media is More Divisive Than President Trump

Heh: New Poll Shows Registered Voters Think the Media is More Divisive Than President Trump

In the aftermath of the Tree of Life Synagogue massacre and the discovery of a series of mail bombs last week, the leftist media has condemned President Trump as the source of all division in America. 

Advertisement

But a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll shows while although President Trump is credited with some division, registered voters believe the media bears more responsibility. 

In the new Morning Consult/Politico poll, 64 percent of registered voters said the press has done more to divide the country than unite it since Trump took office, compared with 56 percent who said the same was true of the president. The poll of 2,543 voters was conducted Oct. 25-30, after news first broke of mail bomb suspect Cesar Sayoc’s attempted acts of politically motivated violence and amid news of a shooting by suspect Robert Bowers at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh.

During an increasingly rare press briefing at the White House Monday, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders slammed the media for immediately rushing into a Trump blame in the aftermath of tragedy. 

"The very first thing that the President did was condemn the attacks, both in Pittsburgh and in the pipe bombs. The very first thing the media did was blame the President and make him responsible for these ridiculous act. That is outrageous that that would be the very first reaction of so many people across this country," she said. "The only person responsible for carrying out either of these heinous acts were the individuals who carried them out.  It's not the President no more than it was Bernie Sanders's fault for the individual who shot up a baseball field of congressional Republicans. You can't start putting the responsibility of individuals on anybody but the individual who carries out the crime."

"The President is not responsible for these acts.  Again, the very first action that the President did was condemn these heinous acts. The very first thing that the media did was condemn the President, and go after and try to place blame not just on the President, but everybody that works in this administration. The major news networks' first public statement was to blame the President and myself included," she continued.

Advertisement

President Trump also continues to defend himself on Twitter.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos