FBI Had to Slap Down CBS News Over This Fake News Piece About...
Kash Patel Becomes the Focus of Media Analysis They Consistently Get Wrong
The Deplorable Treatment of Afghan Women Is a Glimpse Into Our Future
In Record Time, Voters Are Regretting Electing Socialist Mamdani
Steven Spielberg Flees California Before Its Billionaire Wealth Tax Fleeces Him
Oklahoma Bill Would Mandate Gun Safety Training in Public Schools
Here Is the Silver Lining to the Supreme Court's Tariff Ruling
CA Bends The Knee, Newsom Will Now Mandate English Proficiency Tests for Truck...
Will The Trump Administration Be Forced to Pay Back Billions in Tariff Revenue?
Armed Man Rammed Substation Near Las Vegas in Apparent Terror Plot Before Committing...
DOJ Moves to Strip U.S. Citizenship from Former North Miami Mayor Over Immigration...
DOJ Probes Three Michigan School Districts That Allegedly Teach Gender Ideology
5th Circuit Vacates Ruling That Blocked Louisiana's Mandate to Display 10 Commandments in...
Kansas Engineer Gets 29 Months for $1.2M Kickback Scheme on Nuclear Weapons Projects
DOJ Files Antitrust Lawsuit Against Ohio Healthcare Company
Tipsheet

Ford's Classmate Now Changing Her Story

Ford's Classmate Now Changing Her Story

Cristina King Miranda, a former classmate of Christine Blasey Ford, got the media's attention this week after sharing a message on Facebook alleging that Ford is telling the truth about Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. She claimed that Kavanaugh did assault Ford in high school, and word got around the school.

Advertisement

NBC wrote a piece based on the post, with the headline, "Accuser's schoolmate says she recalls hearing of alleged Kavanaugh incident."

But, now Miranda isn't so sure. She explained to NPR Thursday why she deleted the Facebook post. 

"In my [Facebook] post, I was empowered and I was sure it probably did [happen]," Miranda said. "I had no idea that I would now have to go to the specifics and defend it before 50 cable channels and have my face spread all over MSNBC news and Twitter."

In another, now-deleted Twitter post, she had a direct message for the media: 

"I will not be doing anymore interviews," she wrote. "No more circus. To clarify my post: I do not have first hand knowledge of the incident that Dr. Christine Blasey Ford mentions, and I stand by my support for Christine. That's it. I don't have more to say on the subject."

Advertisement

After NPR published Miranda's latest comments, NBC revised its initial report, noting that she was "more equivocal" than she had been when she wrote the initial Facebook message. But, the editors note that she has not backed off her assertion that she recalls hearing about an incident involving Kavanaugh at a party.

Blasey Ford was invited to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday but has not accepted because she first wants to see an FBI investigation. The committee said that's not going to happen.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos