Join us for an intimate interview with Charlotte Pence – daughter of Vice President Mike Pence, as she gives us a behind-the-scenes look at Vice President Mike Pence, dispels many misconceptions about him and their family, talks about what it was like “Growing Up a Pence,” and how the Pence family responds to negative press and character attacks. The interview also discusses her new book, Where You Go: Life Lessons From My Father.
- 3:39 Pence tells listeners the most important lessons she has learned from her father, Vice President Mike Pence.
- 6:00 Pence opens up about what it was like to grow up in a political family with her father serving in elected office.
- 8:39 Charlotte Pence corrects the record about some misconceptions people have about her father.
- 10:06 Pence talks about what it was like when her family heard that he father was going to be Donald Trump’s running mate.
- 11:51 Pence talks about her 100 days working on the Trump-Pence campaign.
- 15:11 Charlotte Pence explains how her family deals with the biased liberal media and Hollywood’s attacks.
- 19:24 Pence talks about why, despite her family’s political activity, she doesn’t have aspirations for higher office.
- 21:15 Pence tells listeners and readers what life lessons she’d like them to take away from reading Where You Go: Life Lessons from My Father.
OUR GUEST – Charlotte Pence
- Charlotte Pence graduated from DePaul University in 2016 with a degree in English and Digital Cinema. Her written work has appeared in Glamour Magazine and publications affiliated with the University of Oxford, where she studied as an undergraduate.
- She has made documentaries on non-profits, mental health, and social justice and received a Regional Emmy for her work on the award-winning documentary, Fleeced. She is also the author of the bestselling Marlon Bundo’s Day In The Life of the Vice President, which was illustrated by her mother, Second Lady Karen Pence.
BOOK OVERVIEW – Where You Go: Life Lessons from My Father
- Charlotte Pence offers a touching portrait of her father and the most important lessons he has taught her. By illustrating our vice president’s character as a devoted family man, Christian, and public servant, Pence both honors her father and shares how his wisdom has impacted her life.
- She recounts the incredible moments of hope and adversity her family experienced during 100 days on the Trump-Pence campaign trail, the touching times she helped her dad prepare for debates, and why she always knew that their journey would be victorious.
- Charlotte Pence’s CBC author profile
- Our podcast interview with Charlotte and Karen Pence
- Second Lady Karen and VP Mike Pence‘s author profiles
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE…
…check these out!
- Ep. 3: Charlotte and Karen Pence Talk “Marlon Bundo” And John Oliver
- Ep. 43: Eric Metaxas Talks The Culture War and Religious Liberty
- Ep. 15: Fox News’ Ainsley Earhardt On Her Faith and Family
Make sure you never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Conservative Book Club Podcast!