The NRCC Has Raised a Ton of Cash in 2026
The Replies to This Cenk Uygur Tweet About Ed Gallrein Were Brutal
Iran Threatens War 'Beyond the Region' if the US Resumes Attacks
The Rich Save What the Government Destroys
The AP Is Jealous of Pentagon Food Court Workers; LA Times Says a...
If Voter Fraud Doesn't Happen, Why Is Spanberger Blocking Feds From Polling Places?
A Book About the Threats to the Truth by AI Contains False Content...
Civil Liberties Group Sues Illinois Over FOID Requirement
A Bill Maher Guest Argued That China Has 'Freedom' It's Just a Different...
When Political Violence Becomes Acceptable, It Becomes Inevitable
Former Execs Plead Guilty to Helping Tech-Support Scammers Steal from Elderly Americans
3 Dead, 18 First Responders Quarantined After Exposure to Mystery Substance in New...
Moscow-Based Crime Ring Members Get Prison Time in $2B Healthcare Fraud Case
Doctor Allegedly Used $45M of Medicare Fraud Money on Trips, Cybertruck, and $12,000...
Michigan Woman Faces 20 Years After Pleading Guilty to $4.6M Child Modeling Scam
Tipsheet

Charlie Gard's Case To Be Reconsidered By Court

Charlie Gard's Case To Be Reconsidered By Court

Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children is going to give Charlie Gard a second chance and is reconsidering their decision to remove his life support, and has filed to the High Court for a new hearing.

Advertisement

In a statement released on Friday, the hospital said that international hospitals have informed them about potential new treatments and that they will "explore" this new evidence. In the meantime, Charlie will be kept on life support.

We have just met with Charlie’s parents to inform them of this decision and will continue to keep them fully appraised of the situation.

Two international hospitals and their researchers have communicated to us as late as the last 24 hours that they have fresh evidence about their proposed experimental treatment.

And we believe, in common with Charlie’s parents, it is right to explore this evidence.

A week ago, Charlie's life support was scheduled to be removed against the wishes of his parents, who raised money to take him to the United States for an experimental treatment. The European Court of Human Rights ruled that it would not be in his best interest to go to the United States, and ordered that his life support be removed. The hospital then delayed that decision last week.

Advertisement

Since then, there has been an uprising of support for Charlie and his parents, with President Donald Trump as well as Pope Francis offering to assist them and to care for Charlie. Great Ormond Street Hospital, however, has cited legal concerns as for why they would not permit Charlie to leave the hospital. This new statement, however, is certainly a positive sign.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement