White House Deputy Counsel Mike Purpura came out swinging on Saturday during the defense's response to the House Democrats' charges of impeachment against President Donald Trump. The defense team argues the Democrats repeatedly cherry-picked various witness testimonies and only included parts of testimony they felt fit their narrative.
According to Purpura, there are six key facts that "have not and will not change."
1. The transcript proves President Trump didn't condition military aid or a meeting on anything.
"The paused security assistance funds aren't even mentioned on the call," Purpura said.
2. Ukrainian officials said they never felt pressured into investigating former Vice President Joe Biden or his son, Hunter, for corruption. They also said quid pro quo never took place.
3. President Zelensky and other Ukrainian officials were unaware of the paused military aide.
"The security assistance was paused until the end of August, over a month after the July 25th call," Purpura said.
4. None of the Democrats' witnesses say President Trump tied an investigation into the Bidens to the military aid or a meeting.
5. "The security assistance flowed on September 11th and a presidential meeting took place on September 25, without the Ukrainian government announcing any investigation," Purpura said.
6. President Trump has been a strong supporter of Ukraine.
"The Democrats' blind eye to impeach the president does not and cannot change the fact, as attested to by the Democrats' own witnesses, that President Trump has been a better friend and supporter of Ukraine than his predecessor," Purpura explained. "Those are the facts."
Isn't it convenient that the Democrats left out these tidbits?
MUST WATCH: Deputy Counsel Mike Purpura Reading the 6 key facts of the case pic.twitter.com/jnsMTCKkHR— Team Trump (Text FIRST to 88022) (@TeamTrump) January 25, 2020
Join the conversation as a VIP Member