Sure, we elected Donald Trump in part because America found itself on Flight 93 with Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit and her creepy coterie of commie comrades angling to seize the cockpit, but that was only part of it. But besides electing him for what he would prevent, we voted for the most improbable conservative candidate in the history of ever because of what he promised to do.
The aspirational nature of Trumpism gets short-shrift, but it’s critical.
Trump told us he would make America great again. Those words chill the pasta spines of sissy Fredocons and whiny white woke wine women alike, but they thrill the rest of us.
He was aspirational, looking to the future and telling the indisputable truth that if we only harkened to our history and the legacy of the Founders, America would, in fact, be great again. And aspiration is what’s missing from his campaign right now.
Trump has the advantage in this race and this election is his to lose, but one weapon he has yet to unleash is the Reaganesque optimism that we, the normal, patriotic Americans who he can rely on, yearn for. Look around. Things are a mess, and the Democrats are doing everything they can to make them messier. They are holding onto their precious pangolin pandemic panic like Brian Stelter grips a pie, ferociously fighting to keep hope dying by denying our kids school and millions of us a livelihood, all to eek out a win in November. And they have backed up the lawless hordes vandalizing our history and assaulting regular Americans, again to try to demoralize and intimidate us. Grandpa Badfinger himself is a dour old weirdo who only emerges from his basement lair to howl about what a disaster the America he spent a half-century leading is, all the while promising to transform it into something that braying half-wit AOC and the rest of her Squadstapo have dreamed of since their first sociology seminar.
His vision of America is a racist hellscape of racist racists racisting racistly, while at the same time being severely under-taxed and over-free. The only aspiration that ancient dope can offer is maybe he’ll ask the mob to, pretty please, not be so burny and attacky and let all you kulaks temporarily go about your lives relatively peacefully, that is, if you obey and don’t get uppity and also turn in all those guns you bought when you saw the Democrat mayors and governors weren’t going to protect you.
Trump kept his promises after 2016. He can do it again.
In the military, we have a main effort and a supporting effort. Here, Trump will certainly need to support the main effort with brutal attacks on the basic competence, coherence, and consciousness of that senile, gropey, ChiCom-licking old hack. But the main effort needs to be showing voters that beyond all this liberal-enhanced chaos is the peace and prosperity we were on the way to before the Bat Soup Flu and the Riots Formerly Known As Being About George Floyd.
Time to get aspirational! Don’t harp on past success, except to point the way forward and show that promises made are promises kept. Give us something to work toward, and those things are Prosperity and Security. Call it The 21 Biggest Second Term Promises of Donald Trump To You…
1. Using the same pro-growth policies that gave us America’s best economy ever, we will be back to 5% unemployment by April 2021. A year from now, we will be back where we were when the pandemic hit, 3.5%, and we will again have the lowest minority unemployment rates ever. Then we’ll do even better.
2. We’re going to make China and other countries trade with us fairly or not at all. We see China as an opponent, and we will compete instead of capitulate. No more outsourcing American jobs!
3. And no more insourcing foreigners to take American jobs – not only will we tighten the H1B visa process to ensure no American can do the job before we import someone, but we will give any employee the right to sue his employer for punitive damages if his job is taken by a foreigner on a work visa. No more American workers training their replacements!
4. Sleepy Joe tried to co-opt “Buy American,” but he’s faking it. We will double down on revitalizing American industry, with tariffs as necessary and emplace tough rules relocating critical industries (medicine, masks, electronics) to the US of A. No more relying on the Red Chinese to decide if your kids can have penicillin.
5. The greedy tech titans are too powerful, so we’ll regulate them to ensure the internet remains free to all and that no one can be silenced.
6. We will have a massive infrastructure re-build where the money goes not to bike lanes, railroads to nowhere, and other nonsense, but to actual freeways and airports and high-speed internet that will make our lives better.
7. We will finish building the wall and keep deporting illegals – we need our jobs to be for our people and to keep drugs and crime out.
8. We’ll need money for this, so we’ll tax those with over $10 million in earnings. Most of the super-rich are now Democrats, so too bad.
9. Crime, particularly in Democrat cities is out of control. We’ll crack down on violent criminals. Law and order!
10. Fund the police! We back the blue. Law and order is non-negotiable.
11. People fear cancellation – so we’ll outlaw it. There will be no more firing someone over his political views. California and other states have such laws, but we can expand them to ensure that families don’t have to worry that some misconstrued word will let a bunch of bad-haired and dumb-tatted little SJW brats ruin them.
12. Also, we will make it a federal crime to block an interstate, and harshly prosecute those who riot, loot, and destroy.
13. We will support law enforcement by making it a federal hate crime to attack police officers for being cops.
14. We will enforce federal hate crime laws against anyone of any race who attacks anyone of any race equally, and within the federal government people will be treated with absolute colorblindness. We won’t tolerate discrimination against anyone on account of their race!
15. We will also make it a federal crime to prosecute someone for defending himself and his family from a mob. Yeah, there may be some federalism challenges in court. So what?
16. We will protect the future of young people by rethinking higher education, which is too expensive, too pointless, and too unresponsive to the needs of American families, largely by draining the current cesspool and reimagining it. There are plenty of ideas here, including taxing endowments, outlawing political persecution and kangaroo courts that harass our kids, and making student loans dischargeable in bankruptcy (the schools can guarantee them!).
17. We will aggressively prosecute and jail rioters and deny federal funds to cities and states whose Democrat dictators won’t.
18. We will reform the CDC bureaucracy to ensure that it focuses on epidemics and not politics and so that next time it’s ready to protect us.
19. We will reform the immigration systems to focus on merit and on the potential to contribute to our country so that the best and brightest can come to America and become Americans.
20. We will end the Middle East wars and have our troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq by the end of 2021. If those countries can’t fight their own battles after 20 years, then we cannot help them anymore. Also, we’ll pull our troops out of Europe if the Euroweenies don’t open their wallets and pay their fair shares.
21. Finally, we will continue to protect your rights and freedoms with judges who follow the Constitution and are not affected by whatever hallucinogen they put in the Hawaiian drinking water.
There, an affirmative, positive vision for a second term…backed up with the supporting effort of ruthlessly gutting Hoover Biden’s Daddy and whatever hack he picks as Real President. Time to aspire to victory!
Fighting back against the bullSchiff is key, and your field manual is my just-released Regnery non-fiction book, The 21 Biggest Lies About Donald Trump (and You!). Get it and own both it and the libs! Oh, and join Townhall VIP!