As our president is trying to recharge his batteries with a little relaxation in gorgeous Martha's Vineyard this week, his political fortunes have been battered by a steady drumbeat of dismal news. A partial round-up:
(2) His numbers in a crucial swing state he carried in 2008 look even uglier.
(3) Dissatisfaction and buyer's remorse is on the rise among Iowa and New Hampshire...Democrats.
(6) Nearly 8 in 10 voters say the country is on the wrong track.
(9) A new poll shows that few Americans believe race relations have improved since 2008. Even many of Obama's opponents hoped racial progress would be an apolitical dividend of his presidency.
(10) Despite its rosy formulas, the CBO estimates unemployment will remain north of eight percent through 2014.
Feds Pay Back Feds the Bailout Money from Feds and Feds Are Happy, But You Lose. Again | John Ransom