I have been a supporter and NRA Lifetime Member for several years (and, hopefully, several more). As such, I am a fan of NRANews.com’s flagship program Cam and Company and its intrepid executive producer and field reporter, Cameron Gray. The show can be seen on NRANews.com and heard on Sirius XM Patriot every weeknight.
Prior to joining NRA News, Gray was the executive producer and host for XM’s POTUS ’08 channel, which was dedicated to the covering the campaign trail for the 2008 election. He reported from both conventions and several Presidential debates.
Gray started his career in radio as assistant producer of the legendary G. Gordon Liddy Show, then producer of The Sports Junkies, and then at the Washington Redskins Radio Network where he produced game broadcasts. He was also operations director at DC’s infamous WJFK – home to even more infamous hosts like Howard Stern, Opie and Anthony, and The Greaseman. I could go on, but only radio nerds like me would appreciate it. When other kids were playing house, I was playing DJ and host.
During Gray’s tenure at NRA News he has interviewed everyone from Gov. Bobby Jindal to Olympic gold medalist Kim Rhode to “The Gunny” R. Lee Ermey. You won’t want to miss the next two weeks when he and the Cam and Company crew will be broadcasting live from the Republican National Convention and Democratic National Convention.
Each week the De Pasquale's Dozen asks political figures and free market-minded writers and entertainers to take a break from politics and talk about their pop culture obsessions.
1. If there were a television channel that showed only one movie over and over, what movie should it be?
2. What’s one of your favorite movie quotes?
"Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh, it looks good on you though."
Rodney Dangerfield as Al Czervik in Caddyshack
3. In A Clockwork Orange, Malcolm McDowell is strapped in with his eyes propped open and forced to watch images until he was "cured." If you could give President Obama, Rep. Nancy Pelosi and Leader Harry Reid the "Clockwork Orange treatment," what movie would you make them watch?
Howard the Duck
4. What pop culture souvenir do you own that people would be surprised to learn that you cherish?
I caught Hulk Hogan's headband at the Richmond Coliseum in the mid-80s and still have it to this day
5. What's your current “guilty pleasure” non-news television show?
6. What’s the best present you ever received as a child?
Be the first to read Lisa De Pasquale's column. Sign up today and receive Townhall.com delivered each morning to your inbox.
Clinton Foundation: Oh, We Made Additional $12-26 Million From Speeches Given By the Former First Family | Matt Vespa
Josh Duggar Resigns from FRC Action After Molestation Admission UPDATE: TLC Removes Show From Lineup | Christine Rousselle