- Hamid Karzai remembers 9/11 and accurately pinpoints its place on the terror timeline as before the Iraq war. This is a really great video (the part I'm referencing is about halfway through). I heard the clip on the radio and was simultaneously moved that Karzai says so well what we should all understand and saddened that he knows it so much better than about half of our own citizens.
"Do you forget people jumping off the 80th floor of 70th floor when the planes hit them? Can you imagine what it will be like for a man or a woman to jump off that high? Who did that?"
- Bush goes declassifying, so we can all go fishing through the whole NIE report that's causing such a splash. And, Michelle comments on the leaky boat we're all riding in. Yep, three water references. In the writing world, I think that's known as drowning your copy. Har.
- More accusations about George Allen. I seemed to remember that this critic has been doggin' Allen for a while. I was right. More commentary on this when I've caught up with the news cycle.
- Four reasons they should let liltle ol' me carry a gun in D.C. Speaking of chicks with guns...
- Condi v. Bubba? I'm takin' Condi. Hillary stands by her man.
- Pelosi's super-secret double House session? What up wit dat?
- Jay Stephenson is trying to save us from the ACLU, and you can help. The Volokh guys are talking about trying to save the ACLU from itself. Both seem like good ventures.