The Wuhan coronavirus has forced Customs and Border Protection to change a number of its normal operations.
Because agents are helping the Department of Health and Human Services, beginning Monday, the following ports in New York have the operating hours of 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m:
- Rouses Point
- Overton Corners
- Trout River
- Fort Covington
The Ports of Champlain and Chateauguay will remain open 24/7 for essential commercial and passenger travel.
CBP has also closed the following small boating locations in Michigan
- Mount Clemens - Metro Beach Public Marina
- Detroit - Erma Henderson Park
- Trenton - Elizabeth Park
- Lexington – Lexington Harbor
- Port Huron – River St. Marina
- Algonac – Algonac Harbor Club
- Saulte Ste Marie – Kemp Marina
- Drummond Island – Yacht Haven Marina
- Rogers City – Municipal Marina
- Mackinac Island
In Washington State, the Laurier and Metaline Falls ports of entry have limited hours. Laurier's temporary hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Metaline Falls temporary hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.