Tomi Lahren and TheBlaze Reached a Settlement. Here's What She's Walking Away With.

Erika Haas
|
Posted: May 01, 2017 6:55 PM
Tomi Lahren and TheBlaze Reached a Settlement. Here's What She's Walking Away With.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/TomiLahren/videos/1310479662378551/

Conservative talking head Tomi Lahren has finally settled the lawsuit with her former employer, Glenn Beck and his network, TheBlaze. 

Lahren sued Beck and TheBlaze for wrongful termination early last month. She was suspended from the network following her appearance on ABC’s “The View,” in which she came out as pro-choice. Soon after, Beck filed a countersuit, claiming Lahren violated the terms of her contract and mistreated staff. 

The agreement - which was reached on Monday - releases Lahren from her contract four months early and allows the young political commentator to maintain control of her official Facebook page, formerly owned by TheBlaze. It’s no surprise why Lahren wanted to keep hold of the social media account; it has over 4.3 million followers. 

In return, Lahren agreed to “promptly” return any of the network’s intellectual property that was posted to the page. This includes removing videos produced by TheBlaze, such as clips of Lahren’s old show “Tomi.”

In a statement, Lahren’s lawyer, Brian Lauten, said, “Ms. Lahren is relieved to have this litigation behind her. She looks forward to connecting with her audience and fan base on the pressing political issues facing our country in the days to come.”

Lahren posted a video to her Facebook page Monday night thanking her fans for their support and encouragement during the lawsuit. Lahren said that the whole dispute has taught her a lot and that she "wouldn't trade these lessons for anything."

"This is meant to be," she added. "And now I can move forward freely, fearlessly and with my head held high." 

Watch the full video below.