Within minutes of Paul Ryan concluding his convention speech in Tampa, Fla., the media attacks were launched. Why, the man is loose with the facts! He only spews vitriol and nonsense.
Democratic National Convention Political Director Patrick Gaspard quickly sent out a fundraising appeal: "Paul Ryan's speech to the Republican Convention tonight wasn't grounded in reality." It was impossible to tell where the Democratic Party ended and the "news" media began.
Liberal arrogance often reveals itself in the smug certitude that its globe-encompassing enlightenment trumps all. For decades, the liberal media have ripped conservatives as hopelessly ignorant. From Dan Quayle to Sarah Palin to Rick Perry to yes, Ronald Reagan, the exercise has always been the same: Find a gaffe, even just a perceived gaffe -- and pounce mercilessly. They attempt to ruin careers by shredding any sense that these conservative leaders could form a coherent sentence in English. "That's how dumb he/she really is."
Conservatives simply cannot believe that an able, cogent public servant such as Paul Ryan can be so quickly demonized as a gaffe-prone liar in media circles. But Joe Biden can put Dan Quayle to shame in making mindless statements. He is a walking embarrassment to Barack Obama, to the point where there was open speculation about replacing him on the ticket. While Ryan is trashed for his speeches, Biden is a gaffe-a-minute disaster. But the media consistently ignore the stupid things that he says. Even when most of America sees Biden as a punch line, the press openly pretends he's a serious presidential contender in 2016.
As Biden does the media rounds during and after the convention, we at the Media Research Center compiled a list of 10 questions we wish the liberal media would pose to Biden. Questions that we would not expect to tumble from their Obama-loving lips.
1. Last month you made a racist comment to blacks that Republicans are going to "put y'all back in chains." Charlie Rangel said that your comment was "stupid." What does it feel like to be called "stupid" by Charlie Rangel?
2. In 2008, you turned to wheelchair-bound Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham and told him to "stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." Had you ever said anything as asinine as that before?
3. In October of 2008, you said: "The No. 1 job facing the middle class ... is a three-letter word: Jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." Is it a challenge for you to count past 3?
4. In 2010, you turned to President Obama after Obamacare passed and on live national television said, "This is a big f---ing deal." Had you ever seen a big f---ing microphone before?
5. If the president had taken your advice to not go after Bin Laden, Bin Laden may still be alive today. What other bizarro foreign policy advice have you given that, thank God, no one took?
6. In 2010, you mistakenly told Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen that his mother had passed. When you were young, did you ever prank neighbors with dead-mom jokes? (Biden mocked Ryan for quoting his father without really noticing Ryan's father died when he was a teenager.)
7. In June 2006, you said, "You can't go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent." Did you ever try this theory in person? In your judgment, do you think folks could learn how to model their Indian accents after Abu on "The Simpsons"?
8. Then in January of 2007, you said, "You got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." Since he was the first, what advice would you give to other inarticulate, dumb, dirty and ugly African-Americans such as Clarence Thomas and Oprah Winfrey to help them clean up their act?
9. In October of 2011, when you said that if Republicans didn't pass your jobs bill, "Murder will continue to rise, rape will continue to rise, all crimes will continue to rise." Was that fear mongering or just simply idiotic?
10. In 2008, you said: "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America." Did you ever imagine you could be so right?
Join the conversation as a VIP Member