The Media Lamentations and Press Bereavement Over the Demise of Stephen Colbert Thankfully...
Paige Cognetti Has a History of Harming Scranton Families, and She'd Do the...
Rep. Hageman Channels the Wyoming Way on Energy, Natural Resources Issues
Why I Will Always Stand With Law Enforcement
Student Activists Are a Symptom — Classroom Bias Is the Disease
States Are Not Bystanders in Homeland Defense
Equal Protection Means What It Says
Has Blaine Luetkemeyer Slayed the Corporate DEI Dragons?
Piers Morgan, Ben Gvir, and the Gift Nobody Asked for
Kansas Mom Says School Let Sex Offender Chaperone Field Trip
Man Allegedly Bilked Taxpayers for 20 Years Out of $283k by Stealing Dead...
Memorial Day Weekend Could Mark Next Chapter in U.S.-Iran Conflict
Man Accused of Michigan Shooting Was Previously Convicted of Hog-Tying Woman but Was...
Explosion at Staten Island Shipyard Injures 16
Fake IRS Agent Sentenced to 4 Years in $1.8M Fraud Scheme
Tipsheet

Christie on Iran Deal: "This Is the Single Biggest Disaster" of Obama's Presidency

Christie on Iran Deal: "This Is the Single Biggest Disaster" of Obama's Presidency

Tomorrow is the deadline for the Iran deal. The Obama administration, it seems, is hell-bent on reaching an agreement, notwithstanding protests from concerned congressional lawmakers and the state of Israel. Secretary of State John Kerry, for his part, believes the deal “could go either way” at this point, but Republicans are hoping it only goes one place: nowhere.

Advertisement

“This is the single biggest disaster in the seven years of the Obama administration,” Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) said Monday morning on America’s Newsroom, who is officially running for president in 2016. “He is giving the largest sponsor of state-terrorism a glide-path to a nuclear weapon and a nuclear Middle East. It is wrong. He should walk away from the table.”

And yet, Christie said he believes some sort of accord will eventually be reached.

“I think he does [it] because he cares more about his legacy than anything else right now,” he added. “He cares about the two l’s: legacy and library.”

Unsurprisingly, however, Christie is not the only Republican raising concerns about an eventual deal.

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AK), who sent a strongly-worded letter to the regime last winter reminding Iran's leaders that a nuclear agreement, green-lighted by the administration, would always be temporary and non-binding, explained yesterday on ABC News’ This Week why the deal is so lopsided — and unfavorable to the US.

"If we had anytime, anywhere inspections, if there was no sanctions relief until there was long-term demonstrable performance on Iran's part, if they fully answered all the past work they've done to weaponize their nuclear program, then that might be a better deal,” he said. “But that's not the deal we're going to reach.”

Advertisement

“It [the proposed deal] also doesn’t address the concessions that have already been made,” he continued. “Like letting them keep their underground fortified bunker, letting them keep their centrifuges and a stockpile of uranium, letting them keep their ballistic missile program, letting them keep their American hostages, and letting them continue to foment terrorism all around the world and destabilize the Middle East.”

Other Republican presidential candidates, meanwhile, are equally as nervous that a dangerous, sign-at-any-cost nuclear deal will soon and inevitably be brokered. Stay tuned for updates.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement