Rand Paul did not make the cut for the main stage at tonight’s debate, and he’s pretty mad about it. So mad he actually flipped off the media during an interview with ABC News Radio.
Paul told the station's Aaron Katersky that he believes “it’s a mistake for the Republican Party to want to limit the debate and make it smaller.”
"I think you have to make a strategic decision about what's good for your campaign," he added.
Thus, he’s boycotting the undercard debate, and says his supporters are backing him up on this decision.
"Ninety-nine percent of our supporters are calling in and saying —," raising his middle finger, "for the media, that's where you can go."
Paul has been excluded from the main debate for not meeting the polling criteria established by Fox Business.
The Kentucky senator has been very outspoken this week about his undercard status, even going so far as to accuse the media of attempting to decide the election for voters.
“I don’t think anybody in the media should decide or have an artificial designation on who can and who cannot win, and that’s what it does,” he said Wednesday on MSNBC.
With Paul boycotting, only three candidates will appear at tonight's 6 p.m. debate: Carly Fiorina, Gov. Mike Huckabee, and Sen. Rick Santorum.