VP Pence and Coronavirus Task Force Are Back with First Briefing in Two Months

Last updated June, 26th 2020 at 1:53 PM est

It's been nearly two months, but the White House coronavirus task force, led by VP Mike Pence, is back to brief us on the pandemic.

more updates
new updates above
Please RELOAD Your Page
Auto Updates
  • Jun 26, 2020 1:53 PM est | Cortney O'Brien

And that wraps it up!

• Jun 26, 2020 1:52 PM est | Matt Vespa

The press is the enemy of the people. Also, they're insufferably stupid.

• Jun 26, 2020 1:51 PM est | Ellie Bufkin

These liberal activist questions being juxtaposed by Pence's overwhelmingly statesman-like demeanor is staggering.

• Jun 26, 2020 1:50 PM est | Ellie Bufkin

Harping on the Tulsa rally is just not a winning strategy. I'm so glad that the majority of the press pool used up their questions on that vapid topic today

• Jun 26, 2020 1:50 PM est | Cortney O'Brien

Pence reacts VERY calmly to that pointed, high pitched question

• Jun 26, 2020 1:49 PM est | Bronson Stocking

I can see why contact tracing might not be working. Example: "First I went to a BLM protest with 15,000 young people, all of which I hugged and screamed in the faces of about 50 cops. Then I looted Target and surprised my grandmother with a TV. I then joined a different group of about 1,000 young vandals around midnight to topple a statue. I don't own a mask and didn't catch anybody's name."

• Jun 26, 2020 1:48 PM est | Ellie Bufkin

Oh good. Paula Reid is here.

• Jun 26, 2020 1:47 PM est | Matt Vespa

I've had enough. those were susceptible to dying...from anything are still at risk, deaths are not spiking, new cases have a 5% hospitalization rate, we have the resources to respond ... all good things

Now, let's keep re-opening.

Lockdowns are over. No matter what ... the lockdowns are over.

• Jun 26, 2020 1:43 PM est | Ellie Bufkin

Fauci: Contact tracing is not working.

• Jun 26, 2020 1:42 PM est | Bronson Stocking

So we're depending on young people to stop the spread of the coronavirus. But we're going to keep green lighting the protests?

• Jun 26, 2020 1:41 PM est | Cortney O'Brien

Pence: No young person would want to inadvertently expose their parents, grandparents, etc.

• Jun 26, 2020 1:41 PM est | Ellie Bufkin

Half of all new cases are under 35. That's rather significant, actually.

• Jun 26, 2020 1:40 PM est | Julio Rosas

Pence on the importance of wearing masks: We think -- the first principle is that people want to listen to their state and local authorities. I have to tell you, President Trump and I couldn't be more grateful for the partnership we have forged with governors around the country. I spoke to the governor of Florida, of Arizona, of Texas, just within the last 12 hours. And I told them that, from this podium today, we would remind their citizens to heed the guidance and the direction of state and local officials.

• Jun 26, 2020 1:37 PM est | Julio Rosas

Pence on continuing to hold rallies: The freedom of speech, the right to peaceably assemble, is enshrined in the Constitution of the United States, and we have an election coming up this fall. President Trump and I believe that taking proper steps, as we have created screening at recent events, and giving people the very best counsel that we have, we still want to give people the freedom to participate in the political process. We respect that.

• Jun 26, 2020 1:37 PM est | Leah Barkoukis

"Since we were in Oklahoma (for the rally) their positivity rate has declined as of today," Pence said.

• Jun 26, 2020 1:35 PM est | Ellie Bufkin

Ha Pence just owned that reporter

• Jun 26, 2020 1:31 PM est | Julio Rosas

CDC Director Redfield: Once again, I want to stress and thank all Americans, to embrace the social distancing recommendations, to slow the spread of COVID. As I've said before, we are not defenseless. These are, in fact, very powerful weapons, and it is our collective responsibility to recommit ourselves to put them into routine practice. Again, to stay 6 feet apart from each other as much as possible, to wear face coverings when we are in public, and to practice vigorous hand hygiene.

• Jun 26, 2020 1:31 PM est | Ellie Bufkin

Dr. Redfield: "Millennials and those under 40," you must do your part and keep your distance.

WE'RE LOOKING AT YOU 'PROTESTERS.'

• Jun 26, 2020 1:31 PM est | Reagan Mccarthy