If you listen to liberals, you'd think that Rush Limbaugh is the de facto boss of the entire Republican Party. So, if they're going to portray him that way, then it seems like a good idea to give people -- who have yet to listen to his radio show --information about his message that goes beyond out-of-context quotations supplied by liberals who loathe him. There are millions of Republicans, myself included, who became conservatives because of hearing quotes like these from Rush Limbaugh.
20) "I guess politicians can be excused for thinking the electorate is stupid because they keep winning reelection. If you were Barbara Boxer or Harry Reid and you kept being reelected, you'd have to think, 'Half of my state is stupid.' But then you wouldn't be smart enough to think that if you had their brains."
19) "I'm convinced that a lot of people simply don't know what's available out there and how it is possible to find a job and work your way up if you are willing to accept responsibility for your life. I know what it's like to be on the bottom. I've been broke. I've been fired seven times from jobs. And I don't even have a college degree. But I didn't blame anyone else for my problems. I knew that if I didn't try to solve them on my own or with the help of friends or family members, no one else was going to take care of me."
18) "The liberals, you see, do not want to confront conservative ideas; they just attack conservatives as a group, and particularly their motives. If you believe what they say about us, you would think that if someone like Bill Bennett, or Jack Kemp, or myself were driving through South Central Los Angeles and looking at the slums and poverty, we would go: Oh, man, this is great — they’ve got nothing, so that means we get more. It’s simply preposterous. We all want to live in a great country. And for the country to fulfill its potential, you need individuals to be the best they can be — not the government taking care of people."
17) "In a country of children where the option is Santa Claus or work, what wins?"
16) "So what is so strange about saying, ‘I want Barack Obama to fail,’ if his mission is to reconstruct and reform this nation so that capitalism and individual liberty are not its foundation? I want the country to survive. I want the country to succeed."