Construction crews at the White House are allowed to continue their work on the ballroom project as the appeal effort continues, the Supreme Court order from Chief Justice John Roberts stated on Friday afternoon.

The project is already over halfway completed, and the order pauses previous rulings that said that President Donald Trump needed the blessing on Congress  in order for construction to occur, according to NBC 4 Washington. 

“Last week, the Administration made two audacious claims in asking the U.S. Supreme Court to greenlight continued aboveground construction of the White House Ballroom,” the National Trust of Historic Preservation’s President and CEO, Brent Leggs, said earlier this week regarding the case. 

“First, that no court in the land has the authority to stop them. And second, that because they are using the same indestructible concrete used in nuclear power plants, it would be impossible to remove the Ballroom even if ordered to do so. They are working around the clock in an attempt to outrace judicial review,” Leggs continued.

Lower court decisions permitted construction on the underground military site element of the project, which the president himself has argued is a critical factor in the effort as a whole, according to Courthouse News Service.

“This will be the greatest military complex slash ballroom anywhere in the world,’ Trump said on Wednesday.