"I am going to ask you to make the same commitment to nonviolence and give you the opportunity to make that pledge," Beck's website reads. King's pledge includes 10 main points:
1. As you prepare to march, meditate on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. Remember the nonviolent movement seeks justice and reconciliation - not victory.
3. Walk and talk in the manner of love; for God is love.
4. Pray daily to be used by God that all men and women might be free.
5. Sacrifice personal wishes that all might be free.
6. Observe with friend and foes the ordinary rules of courtesy.
7. Perform regular service for others and the world.
8. Perform regular service for others and the world.
9. Strive to be good in spiritual and bodily health.
10. Follow the directions of the movement leaders and of the captains on demonstrations.
In addition, there are 5 principles of nonviolence that accompany the pledge.
I've proudly added my name to the list -- #407. As a conservative and self-described tea partier, I recognize the importance of fighting for change, but also of leading by example. Will you make the pledge?