UPDATE: State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said the United States has received no official indication from North Korea about canceling the summit and plans to move forward as planned. She said the U.S. will not stop military exercises with South Korea and noted the exercise are normal, legal and planned well in advance.
North Korea has threatened to cancel the upcoming summit between Dictator Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump. The summit is set for June 12 in Singapore, which President Trump officially announced last week.
The threat comes after North Korea pulled out of a meeting with South Korea, citing joint military exercises with the U.S.
#BREAKING: North Korea has cancelled Wednesday's high-level talks with South Korea - Yonhap— Al Boe BREAKING NEWS (@AlBoeNEWS) May 15, 2018
During an interview on Fox News Sunday over the weekend, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo previewed the summit and said the United States would offer economic aid to North Korea should the regime completely denuclearize.
This is a developing story, stay tuned for updates.