The Center for Reproductive Rights, an organization dedicated to keeping abortion legal by using the law to advance pro-choice policy, has produced a video to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. The video features actor Mehcad Brooks of the USA Network's "Necessary Roughness" and HBO's "True Blood."
After taking a deep breath, a few points.
(1) The Left and pro-choicers have been making the argument for years that men have no place in the abortion debate. This video proves it's not that they don't want men involved, they simply want men to regurgiate talking points and celebrate abortion when it's convenient.
(2) This video sends the message that men can ditch their responsibility of fatherhood at the door. Why? Because abortion is available to "take care of the problem," baby. It's no wonder men in our culture today don't respect women as they should, because they aren't required to.
(3) It's interesting the Center for Reproductive Rights chose Mehcad Brooks for this video considering abortion was originally promoted by racists like Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger, who believed blacks shouldn't reproduce at all. Sanger wanted the black race exterminated and abortion was a way to do it. Not to mention, abortion in the black community takes place at an alarming rate. According to the Guttmacher Institute and Census data, black women make up 13 percent of the female population in the United States, yet they undergo 30 percent of the abortions performed.
(4) Say it with me: mi-sog-y-ny, misogyny.
(5) Abortion is never something to celebrate, not to mention glorify and belittle in a disgusting, repulsive and unserious video. Abortion is a serious medical procedure with lifelong psychological consequences, something the Center for Reproductive Rights and Mehcad Brooks don't want you, or women considering abortion, to know.
I'll be on Fox News' Hannity tonight to debate this at 9:40 pm EST.