Just received the RNC schedule for this evening which now includes remarks from Joe Gibbs. Perhaps they're trying to keep D.C. politico from switching the channel to the Redskins-Giants game during the early hours of tonight's convention. No word from Bill Parcell's office.
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - The 2008 Republican National Convention today announced the full program of events for Thursday, Sept. 4. The evening’s program will feature John McCain’s speech accepting the Republican Party’s nomination for the presidency. Among the other speakers participating in this evening’s program are Gov. Tim Pawlenty (Minn.), former Gov. Tom Ridge (Penn.), U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) and Mrs. Cindy McCain. The speakers’ remarks will reflect the convention’s overall theme, "Country First," and the theme for Thursday’s events, which is "peace."
Participants are listed below and organized by hour of participation:
6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Entertainment, Call to Order, Presentation of Colors: Fort Snelling Joint Services Color Guards, Pledge of Allegiance, National Anthem: Trace Adkins, Invocation
- Speakers: U.S. Rep. Tom Cole (Okla.), Erik Paulsen, Jay Love, Charlie Summers, Aaron Schock, David Cappiello, U.S. Sen. John Ensign (Nev.)
- Video: "Country First: Peace," with narration by Robert Duvall
- Speakers: Gov. Jon Huntsman (Utah), Speaker: Maria Cino, President and CEO of the 2008 Republican National Convention, U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn (Tenn.), The Honorable Rosario Marin
- Speaker: Joe Watkins, U.S. Sen. Mel Martinez (Fla.), Gov. Tim Pawlenty (Minn.), Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (Tenn.), Lt. Gen. Carol Mutter, USMC (Ret.), Speaker: U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback (Kan.), U.S. Rep. Mary Fallin (Okla.), Video: "World Stood Still"
- Speaker: Joe Gibbs
- Speaker: Brian Clay
- Speaker: U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
- Video: "Vice Presidential Nominee Governor Sarah Palin"
- Speaker: Former Gov. Tom Ridge (Penn.)
- Video: "America’s Place in the World"
- Speaker: Mrs. Cindy McCain
- Video: "Senator John McCain"
- Speaker: Presidential Nominee John McCain
- Floor Demonstration, Balloon Drop, McCain and Palin Families on Stage