Assuming House Democrats proceed with yet another vote to increase the debt limit, it will have been seven weeks since they last voted to increase the debt limit by $290 billion. In that time frame, House Democrats have:
- Passed 7 resolutions congratulating sports figures or teams
- Passed 23 resolutions honoring individuals or entities or promoting awareness of certain issues
- Passed 5 bills naming post offices
- Authorized $50 million in spending to construct a new National Park in the Virgin Islands
- Passed 0 bills to reduce spending or lower the deficit.
Fit to Lead? I’ll let you be the judge.