CAIRO (AP) — Egypt's Interior Ministry says it has killed seven people in connection with recent attacks on the country's embattled Christian minority, including three church bombings and a deadly bus shooting, all claimed by the Islamic State group.
The ministry said in a Thursday statement that the militants, who were killed in an exchange of fire, were hiding in a western desert camp. It did not provide any further details.
Attacks on Coptic Christians have claimed the lives of more than 100 people and injured scores since December.
Earlier on Thursday, the state-run MENA news agency reported that Egypt's Cabinet approved a three-month extension of the state of emergency, declared by President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi following twin Palm Sunday church bombings.