JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Indonesia's disaster agency says the number of people displaced by last week's earthquake in Aceh province has jumped to more than 85,000 as aftershocks drive people from their homes.
Spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said Tuesday there have been nearly 90 aftershocks since last Wednesday's magnitude 6.5 earthquake.
He said people are worried about the aftershocks and feel safer in the shelters.
He said providing clean water is still a top priority because many wells were damaged by the quake and their water is now undrinkable.
Nearly 5,000 relief personnel are part of the disaster response concentrated on three districts in northeast Aceh.
The earthquake killed 102 people, injured nearly 900 others and destroyed or damaged more than 11,000 buildings.