MADRID (AP) — An official says two workers in southern Spain have died after inhaling toxic fumes after falling into a tank at an animal feed factory.
A spokesman for Andalusia's regional emergency service said one worker fell into the tank after the ladder he was on broke. A second worker then fell in while trying to rescue him.
He said both men were dead when fellow workers finally pulled them out. One other worker was treated for inhaling the fumes.
The incident happened Monday at the Render Grasas factory outside the town of Salteras, close to the Andalusian capital of Seville.
Factory officials weren't immediately available for comment.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity in keeping with the regulations of the emergency services.